Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Really Busy Saturday

On Saturday I started out at Eviljob, fielding stupid non-urgent training questions, then I had to leave early to go to Job 2, where we were running a linguistics study...then it was back to Eviljob, where Harry was with a manual trap, trying to catch the Little Broken Tiger. We did not catch LBT, but Harry did close the trap on Mr King of The Parking Lot here:



This picture does not do this majesticable baby justice -- he is HUGE. And yes, I know 'majesticable' is not a word, but if it were, KotPL would be it; he is downright *regal*. In the trap, I had to make bird noises to get him to look over at me, 'cos he was giving me the Silent Treatment.

No, seriously; he turned his back to me, and refused to look at me. After smacking his head but good on the manual trap (see pic), he settled down and refused to interact. We are not worthy of his attention. I seriously think that he is Head Kitty In Charge; I have not trapped a cat yet that had such *attitude*!

So on Monday, King of the Parking Lot will have an attitude adjustment; I tried preparing him for it by explaining that Life is not all about who has the most ladyfriends, the most kids, or the biggest balls. He responded by igging me -- turned his back on me, and everything.

Hmmph.

I also want to get him an antibiotic shot and some Revolution for his ear mites; he has a bad case of ear mites, I think.

And these traps are AMAZING! They can be used either manually or automatically, and they are just probably damn close to the best traps I have ever seen! They close in the blink of an eye -- faster, even --and are super-easy to operate. If the cat walks in, the door can be closed before the cat is even to the back where the food is (if it is being manually-operated), and the door is down too fast for the cat to even turn around! If it is being automatically-operated, there is no way in hell the cat can make it to the door from the trip-plate before it closes unless it can teleport, or something. I asked Melissa in this rescue group to get the purchasing info for me, 'cos they are hand-made by Some Guy. I think Melissa said that they are $50 for the manual and $75 for the manual/automatic, but I will have to check. It sounds like a lot, but they really are that awesome -- once that front door is down, it is DOWN, and they have a back door that locks that food/water/litter can be put through, and they are also big enough to use as recovery cages. One of the guys that does rescue showed me how to take sticks and put them through the cage wires to keep the cat at one end so that the food/water/litter can be safely changed, so these things are total one-stop-shopping cages; you can trap, speuter, recover, and release all from the same trap, and they clean up with just a hose.

I finally got home around eleven...after getting up at five; no wonder I am tired all the time. I have finals to finish writing (and take myself...oh, the injustice!), but when I got home, I *had* to watch Charm School. I am hoping Saaphyri wins; she is *so* cute! Seriously--look! It's fiffy-fourf an' Crenshaw:



Butsoanyway.

I have to make up a PowerPoint presentation and work out how I am going to get KotPL down to be speutered since I am going to be at work, so...laterz.

.

No comments: