Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In a past life, i was a Very Evil Person...

I am at the after-hours emergency vet with Romeo. His temp is 96, and
they have taken him in back for thermal support, a cath, and to run
blood work. I put Revolution on him yesterday at four in the
afternoon, and at first i thought it might be a selamectin od because
of his age (he was drooling a little, lethargic, and appeared to have
voided on my bed), but the vet thinks that the low temp might indicate
his organs shutting down--in other words, probably kidney failure. I
had been feeding him Nutro's senior crab and whitefish (or whatever
kind of fish) pouches, but he had seemed ok. We may be making another
notch on the side of Menu Foods' building. When i got back from
Boston, he seemed a little dehydrated, so he had two boluses (boli?)
of 100cc last week...

I guess i am just venting, or nervous-typing, or something. I do not
want to lose my Measle. I love him so much that if i have to put him
down i will probably become suicidal at this point, 'cos i have
already been depressed. Really depressed. Please, please,
please...pull through this, Rome.

I know that he is fifteen, and not going to live forever, but... I
want him to. Shit. This sucks. We are waiting for the vet to get out
of emergency surgery, and my Measle is really important to me, but i
hope whomever's baby is in surgery will be ok, too. This place is so
freaking expensive that whatever it is, it must be bad. I empathise so
much with whomever the owner is.

Meg is with me, but she is grading papers.

I am so very depressed. Do they do kidney transplants for cats?

1 comment:

Smento said...

Oh my God, Ancodia. I just saw this! Poor, poor Romeo. And poor, poor Ancodia. I'm knocking on wood, crossing my fingers ... everything I can think of to will him to get better.

{{{{hugs}}}}