Monday, April 09, 2007

im in ur pkng lot theftin all ur kitteez

I have been meaning to put this link up for weeks...

The first page is not that great, but the rest is FUNNY! Chatspeak Cats (thank you, You!)

Chrissy trapped at Eviljob last night, and caught four more! This rescue group has clinics every Monday (I cannot do Mondays because my Mondays are full of two jobs and classes, just like damn near every M - F), and she did that last Sunday, too (I did not know in advance about either) -- this brings the speuter total to twenty-three.

Yes. TWENTY-THREE. And we haven't even gotten everyone; not even close.

Chrissy phoned me this morning to tell me that the two intake ladies at Rescue Group (to be referred to as RG from now on in the spirit of brevity) *finally* understood that I need some farking help out here (I have told them before that there may well be fifty to a hundred cats out here, and probably MANY more if the whole technological park Eviljob is in is taken into consideration, but apparently Chrissy telling them carries more weight), and will try to round up volunteers who know what they are doing.


I am fully aware that I *should* do more, but the fact is that I *can't* do more; I would fail out and get fired from all my jobs. This is at the very least the equivalent of a full-time job, if not more, and I have been saying that since (almost) two years ago when I found my little Squooshable and realised that the problem was way bigger than just one or two cats running around. I had NO idea they hid like that, but at dawn and dusk, the parking lot and its bushes are *alive* with kitties, if you stand still and look. The problem is, I never stood still and looked before Squooshable.

I love you, baby Squoosh!

Butsoanyway.

I have to get back to work, but I just wanted to mention quickly that the cat that I thought was hurt, I guess is not, or he/she got better, or something; (s)he is walking normally now, and I have seen her two times since. One of the cats Chrissy caught had an eye infection so bad that his third eyelid was covering his eye, and RG wanted to put him down immediately, but one other rescuing lady there said that she was pretty sure he was (at least at one time) a pet, because he was being sedate and quasi-friendly (Chrissy said that she also agreed that probably this cat was owned, cos he didn't act feral), so this other rescue lady took the cat and said that she would get him medical treatment and let him gain a little weight and get neutered and then adopt him out herself, or maybe keep him.

So yay.

And since I am on a chatspeak kick, I am thefting a fave comic panel... Cited, of course.


1 comment:

Smento said...

OMG. I LOVE that Web site! "... Proceed." Awesome.