Sunday, April 29, 2007

What is the world record for days without sleep?

I finally handed in my paper, and I am more or less done. I have a few more things to do next week, and then classes are over.

Thank god.

I *was* going to celebrate by getting a death-on-a-stick sub, but D'Angelo's was out of pastrami (bastards), so I stuck with their lobster bisque, which in my pedestrian opinion is every bit as good as Legal's.

Romeo is doing ok; he is still not really eating, and Dr Vet has changed his mind and is concerned about it. I dropped him off this morning before I went in to Eviljob, and Dr Vet gave him a Valium injection, after which Romeo ate a little bit. He sent me home with some pill that starts with a C (it is in the other room; I will check later, if anyone desperately wants to know) that I have to give him half of when I give him the Buprenex that he is now on instead of the morphine that Dr Vet would not let me take home to dose him with (but did give me an entire week’s worth of Buprenex today, all in syringes…I do not quite follow the logic, because I will be bringing him back to stay all day for probably all next week, but ok; Romeo looks better on Buprinex anyway; when I would pick him up, he looked half-dead and slept a lot. He still sleeps a lot, but at least he does not *look* half-dead. And he remembers to purr. Maybe the extra is for in case he crashes? I wish people would just tell me these things and not wait for me to deduce them if that is the case, ‘cos that just occurred to me). But Rome cannot have IM Valium with the Buprenex (I may be misremembering this, ‘cos I was talking to Dr Vet and also trying to do five different things at Eviljob today; there was *some* reason I cannot give Rome a Valium injection myself at home) I suggested that Rome should share my Valium prescription since I only use mine when I fly, but apparently shots work better than pills. I dunno. He will lick a little a/d and then lose interest for me. If the little dork does not start really eating soon, I am going to go buy weed and blow it in his face. ;-)

Well, that would be nicer than scruffing him and force-feeding him.

I am watching The Terminator (it’s on Spike), eating a cupcake, and looking at watches on Shop NBC right now. I am trying to let Romeo sleep. I have gone for so long without sleep that I cannot sleep. Gah. Of course, this has nothing to do with the stress of the past week combined with the totally spooky crap I am working on as a side thing right now. Sigh. This is why I just adore being alone. Sigh.

Oh!!!!!!! I forgot!! Good news: Harry trapped the broken-pawed cat in a drop trap, whatever in the hell that is.

I think I am going to try to lie down. If I were not so worried about not hearing Romeo if he yells, I would take a fricking pill myself.

Sigh.

.

No comments: