Thursday, May 26, 2005

Cancelled meetings

[You] I swear; if people don't stop insisting we have a meeting and then cancelling it at the last second, I'm going to...
[Cat] And BTW, You're Going To Need This Knowledge...
[You] ...I'm going to do nothing.
[Cat] I am going to 7-11 right now to buy a pre-paid phone as a test for you.
[You] And I'll vent here.
[Cat] And why does my heart keep beating in my chest?


Wow...talking with Cat's like being at some of these meetings. Sigh. We cancelled this for exactly what reason? I dunno. I'd probably get a more coherent answer asking Catty.

[You] Why'd they cancel the meeting?
[Cat] Wir dürfen passieren.
[You] Huh?
[Cat] Wir sind fast die Letzten.
[You] Cat, I refuse to speak German.
[Cat] I am looking for a repitable German Shepard Breeder.
[You] But of course you are.
[Cat] Conversely, if the requirements are vague or likely to change in the course of the project, it could be argued that XP still isn't the best process to use.
[You] If we ever have a meeting, I shall propose exactly that; thanks.
[Cat] How many seconds have YOU spent posting on the 'den?
[You] None. Let me get back to the blog, ok?
[Cat] But since it's not your property to begin with, you don't really get to set the rules because it's not yours.


Bite my ass. I set all of the rules. I'm going to spend all day doing nothing, in rebellion. Pfft. Well, ok--not *all* day. I want to come up with a good ad for YouWhores, and go into business for myself. I'm up against some stiff competition; I'm having a hard time thinking of something novel.

I have to take Squoosh for a checkup tomorrow, and then he'll be off the antibiotics (I hope). Yay. Squoosh is, I think, doing fine. Even though he has an eating disorder. If left to his own devices, he'd never stop eating! I'm told this is normal for kittens, but I'm not so sure. I've tried talking to him about it, and he just says he's very hungry, and that he's read that it's okay for kittens to eat fifty times their body weight in one day. He also says that being isolated from people in the bathroom is a violation of his civil liberties. I take him out, and I visit him in there--he just wants to have access to the bigger cat's food bowls. I asked him how in the hell he knew about civil liberties, and he said that he's been reading about them. ...in the bathroom? Deliveries from the book club he joined, he said.

I'd been wondering what all those packages addressed to "Indestructible, c/o Hall Bathroom" were. Damn business reply cards. I told him that if he joins Columbia House, he's shopping for a new home.

I have to work through something related to a side project I'm taking up this semester. I'm not sure how to work it out. It's in the setup--the Overarching Concept type thing. This is potentially very confusing (well, I'm confused easily also, so...), and I don't want to start one thing and end up finishing another because I'm misphrasing the question and/or losing sight of what I'm supposed to be doing. Sophie has a really bad habit of doing that, and some of her undertakings are like spaghetti to wade through. So I need to I guess draw this out formally so that I don't trip myself up. Seeing as how I have newfound free time, this is something that I can do today.

Right after I go forage for nuts and berries in the forest; or maybe I can do it during--I've just realised I'm starving.








No comments: