Sunday, May 22, 2005

My Weekend

Well, I don't have a lot to say. But that's not ever stopped me here. :-)

Events of the weekend:

1) Meg throws Squoosh in the toilet.

Okay, not as such exactly. But on Friday night she did use the bathroom I have him in and did forget to close the toilet lid, and he jumped in his own self. I asked Meg could she please not try to kill my kitten any more, and she gets mad. Anyone can make mistakes, says Meg. Okay, replies m'self, so could she please not make any more mistakes that end up killing my kitten? Meg leaves in a huff. Some people, I swear--no sense of humour about tragedy.

2) Meg leaves Squoosh's antibiotics out, and it turns bad in 12 hrs.

Yeah, really. She did a favour for me and dosed Squoosh on Saturday 'cos I was trapped at Eviljob and wasn't sure I could get back home on my lunch break to dose Squoosh in time. I thank her profusely for doing this, optimist that I am. Squoosh is on Clavamox, which turns bad with amazing speed if not kept refrigerated. So I go to dose Squoosh that evening, and...no Clavamox in the 'fridge. Hmmm. I check in the bathroom and, lo and behold--dark yellow Clavamox. I call Meg. Is there any particular reason the antibiotic was left out to turn? Oops. Forgot. Totally forgot. Sorry. Uh-huh. Me, too. Meg offers to call the emergency vet and see if a refill can be gotten from them. Yay; it can. I drive with her allthewaythehell out there, 'cos I want to make sure she doesn't screw it up, plus I want to smoke. I'd said I would give that up again, but...well I haven't. So we get there and have to wait an hour, making Squoosh's dosing now two hours late. Two hours isn't *that* bad, but I'm slightly ticked, 'cos you don't mess around with infections and antibiotics. On the drive home, I ask Meg to please stop trying to assassinate my kitten. Meg doesn't laugh. I do. A lot. It's laugh...or hit her.

3) I did nothing towards the projects I'm working on.

Whoo... Big surprise there. I want a vacation like nobody's business.

4) My oldest measle has been angry at me, but forgave me.

We cuddled.

5) I have proof positive that everyone in the world is Evil.

Although I've known it all along, it's a nice crutch for thought to see it actually proven out.

Ancodia is Evil

6) The emergency vet would only spell Squooshable's name "Squishable" on the new Clavamox, 'cos that's how it's spelt on the old Clavamox.

What...you think my cat's a Clavamox junkie? I'm scamming 'scripts for a housecat? It's cherry flavoured 'cos it's for kids, and cats generally hate berry flavours. Or do you think I'm stockpiling antibiotics for the next SARS outbreak? Or maybe I'm going to dash home and sell it on eBay? Let's keep the Sherlock Holmesing for things we actually have to give a DEA number for, eh?

7) I have a new obsession.

I'm going to find out why some Public Radio stations play a teensy little "cricket noise" in between things, even if it kills me. I've been through here, and found nothing. I smell a conspiracy. Possibly they're broadcasting coordinates to teensy little spy crickets from the former KGB. That's all we need--KGB spy crickets.

As if the Mossad squirrels weren't enough.


8) I'd bet those KGB spy crickets aren't even members of their local Public Radio station.

Freeloaders. Don't you listen to Noah Adams during pledge drives? You're stealing radio.

9) I am one giant walking cat scratch.

Ouchy. Thank you, Squoosh; may I have another? I am such a pansy.

10) I don't have a tenth thing.

This was a pretty boring weekend, except for the attempts on Squoosh's life.

11) Squoosh still has a head tilt

And he turns his head practically upside-down!

12) I had better go to sleep.

If I want to get up in the morning. Which I don't. Unless it's by a masseuse with a coffee.

4 comments:

Smento said...

OMG. I HATE the cricket noise! It's one of the many things that annoy me about NPR, in fact.

ancodia said...

I'm determined to get an answer. I'll call the station if I have to; I realised over the weekend that I've heard it forever and always wondered what it was in the back of my mind--I *shall* get to the bottom of this. :-)

Cute picture, by the way! You look kind of like Fairuza Balk, or a cross between Julia Roberts and Fairuza! :-)

Well, *I* think Fairuza Balk is kinda pretty. :-) It's a compliment. Really.

Smento said...

Aw, thanks! You know, the very sight of Ms. Balk used to anger me for some reason. *puzzles* Perhaps it was a self-loathing thing? ;-) I don't mind her so much anymore.

ancodia said...

lol! Well, at least you don't have the funky eyebrow weirdness going on that she does. I think she overplucks, misshapes, or something. But she's attention-getting, even with the eyebrows. I think if Hollywood did like they used to, they'd have plastic-surgeried her into looking like Audrey Hepburn and changed her name to Jane Smith.

And in spite of all that, though you wouldn't think it, I still would count her as pretty. God, I'm so hypercritical... :-) But half-Fairuza, half-Julia is good! :-)