Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bwaah!

Okay, here we go…  

I have a bunch of appointments tomorrow.  Okay, well, two.  Whee.  

Yesterday, when I brought Squoosh home, he was still on food/water restriction (very limited) until today.  Well, when I went in to him this morning, Mr Dental Floss Eater had decided that he would show me, and had eaten almost *half* of a kitty chew toy that I bought him for when he was teething.  Bwaah!

So I called Dr Vet’s and they said that usually kittens will chew rubber up enough that it will just pass out the other end relatively unnoticed.  Plus, rubber sometimes doesn’t come through on x-ray (per them), so they said there’s little point in dragging him in and paying the money, though I was welcome to if I wanted.  I decided not to, and they said just to watch him for lethargy and vomiting above all, and make sure that he keeps pooping.  So that’s what I’m doing.  Sigh.  So far, he seems fine.  Maybe he really *is* Indestructible.

I also bought a few cans of Science Diet’s AD (for anorexic cats and dogs) as a reward for Squoosh, ‘cos he loves it so much.  I mean he REALLY loves it.  I open the can, and as soon as he smells it, he is jumping all around and acting like a jonesing crack addict.  He’s like, “Gimme the food, or I’ll cut you!” :-)  I think they put kitty heroin in it, or something.  But I gave him a bunch of that, hoping it would help him poop the chew toy pieces out.  

…did I say “BWAAAH” yet?  I forget.

And it’s chilly-ish.  It is really very nice, though I am not going to get optimistic about it being nice and cold like god intended for Halloween.  Nurse Betty (I’m on an IM with her as I type) is still looking for land, and she found something gorgeous in Colorado.  Wistful sigh.  I need snow.  In my dreams, once I graduate, I will land a job somewhere with snow—preferably MI, MN, WI, or Ontario, or thereabouts.  I am negotiable, but…that is where I *want* to be.  I need snow.  I would settle on anywhere where there are four seasons.

Which naturally means that I will end up in the freaking Cayman Islands, but whatever.

Ok…I have to be rested for all the big hairy bullshit tomorrow, so…

No comments: