Thursday, October 06, 2005

My Inner Starving Artist Emerges


Good lord.

One of the headlines I’ve just stumbled across reads, “Who’s Katie’s Baby Daddy?”  Even were I to have given half a flip previously, I don’t give a good god damn now.  Learn to speak English.  And when *I* say that, you know you’re pretty bad.  

Sheeyit.  Welcome to the Killfile of My Mind, rube.

Butsoanyway.

I’m off of everything today, but not really; I have to create a prototype of an interface for this ageing/gerontology certification (I’d pick one, but the program keeps changing the name!) that I was stupid enough to have participated in.  Sigh.  I *should* think that this is a walk in the park, but it isn’t; I hate doing the nuts-and-bolts stuff, because I’m not good that way.  Working in the theatre has taught me that something like this is a team-thing, and I’m best off letting people tell me where to glue things.  When I generate it myself, it gang aft agley too damned much.  I am sure I have some pernicious brain disease that prevents me from fully comprehending the intermediate steps to execute the transition from Things I See In My Mind and Reality, but whatever; I suck at it, and need a spotter.  

Pffft.

So I am going to do that today.  I’ll phone Meg and see if she wants to go get a Tub O’ Guac with me for lunch, and I’ll go pick up all the things I need…and believe me, I’m going to try to get away with freaking *construction paper* and glue!  I had first started to set out to get all fancy, either bringing it together in like Flash or something, but screw that; I’m taking the path of least resistance.  Plus maybe I’ll buy paste instead of glue and eat some.  :-D

Mwahaha.

I am a famous paste-waster extraordinaire.  Hard to believe, iddnit?  But really—I am.  I think my picture may still be up in my Grade 1 classroom, on the Wall of Paste-Wasters.  Believe it or not, I wasn’t a paste-eater; that was Troy, who sat next to me and did a lot of other really gross things.  Sigh.  Memories…

I know that I should be (snicker) “professional” and not take the easy way out, but I also know that there are others in this class who so far have done exactly what I’m preparing to do.  And I’d rather sit down with kids’ art class supplies and do this and see if I can find something good on TV anyway.  I’ve had nothing but full credit for everything so far, and I’ve really been doing overkill—at least in comparison to some of the things others have been doing.  

Sigh.  So when I fail this one, we’ll all know why.  :-D  Maybe I’ll get some glitter glue, too.  Giggle.

No comments: