Friday, October 28, 2005

Post Title (am I passive-aggressive, or what?)

Well, today was fun.  I guess I am in a holding pattern until I can get with my Gyn, who had to go do whatever it is OB/Gyns do when they urgently must cancel appointments.  I figure that it was probably a baby, or something.  The surgeon wants to talk with my Gyn…so I wait.

Today did have one good point, though; the weather was *beautiful*.  It was just cold enough to be really pleasant, and so I didn’t mind the long drive as much; in fact, I sort of enjoyed it.  :-)  I split the time up between listening to a jazz station (it’s a Public Radio station, and doesn’t play so much of the “modern” stuff as the other jazz station here), and Jad & David Fair’s 26 Monster Songs for Ancodias…errr…Children.  

Oh hell…it makes me happy; what can I say?

Mummers lives, and Squoosh appears to be fine.  He definitely gets a “no” on the lethargy.  On the way home, I stopped at Pet Supermarket (I’m paying better attention now, and so I know that I usually go to PetsMart) to pick up more Kitty Kissers for Squoosh (and Romeo and Weebie, though it doesn’t thrill them the same way that it does Squoosh—Squoosh starts *purring* when he sees them, whilst Romeo and Weebie just like them), because I was running low on Kitty Kissers, and had to email the company to ask where I could find them nearby.  And since I have to go two towns over to get to the Gyn and surgeon, the way back takes me by a Pet Supermarket.  

They have some cool stuff!  They had a humongous kitty uber-condo that is taller then I am, and it has a little house up high, a round perch, and all kinds of things to climb in, on, and over.  I wanted to get that for my cats, but I do not need to be spending the money right now; I’m guesstimating that it is in the $3-400 range, and although it looks well-constructed and worth it, and everything, I just don’t need to be spending that much right now, and there are those that would argue that I don’t need to be spending that much on my cats, ever.  At least not for cat furniture.  

I came home *intending* to get something done (I have a presentation coming up, as well as an article critique due tomorrow, and four other urgent Job 2-things that I need to get done), but I fell asleep after I sat down to write.  I really hate it when I do that, but I have to admit that when I woke up, I felt better.  So I got about half the critique done and will finish it off tomorrow, and the rest of it can go to hell until the day before they are due.  :-)

As far as vacations go, this one has sucked ass.  :-)  

And I don’t want to go to class and meetings tomorrow, but the fact is that I am able to (I can call Mummers at home and yell at her until she makes her own food), so I must.  I’d be being all amoral and dishonest if I played sick or inundated with family stuff, so I’ll go.  Pfft.  

I’m ticked.  I am not having a good, or nice, or fun graduate experience almost at all.  With everything going on, I am rushing around, putting out the most immediate fire most of the time.  I want to change that; I just have to figure out how.  I did hear about a position open at a nearby-ish junior college, and I need to check into it, but I haven’t felt together enough to do it yet.  That’s on my List Of Things To Do for maybe next week.  Or tomorrow, if our meeting gets out quickly enough (ha, ha).  God, I hate those meetings; they drag on forever with no point—they’re just one gigantic ego blow job for whomever is speaking.  I mostly sit and take notes on what I will and will not do when I have my own ship to run.  But I could bitch about that all week, so I’ll shut up.

:-) And my mother has said that if I dress Squooshable up for Halloween, she’s calling the Animal Welfare people on me for being cruel to him.  LOL!  I may still do it anyway.  

I need to get to sleep so that I can get to class remotely on time.  Argh.

No comments: