Saturday, January 14, 2006

Developing words that linger

Holy mary...fasten your seatbelts. Ready?

I am accomplishing something well in advance of the night before it is due!

Go figure.

In Other News, Satan broke his ankle ice skating on Lake Perdition today; as he was being treated at Gehenna General Hospital by Dr Harold Shipman, the Dark Lord was quoted as saying that he was simply unaccustomed to the weather...

:-D

All right; the real explanation is that I am attempting to start off this semester well; I need all the help I can get, and am trying my damndest to not be my own worst enemy. You know--kind of like usual. In short, I have fucked up again and taken on too much. You know--kind of like usual. :-) By Wednesday I must have completed five things (ack!), including in that count neither readings for class, nor readings required to complete those five things.

Well, I just finished two. Woo-hoo!

Okay, not *completely* finished. I have one finished (it turned out to not be as labour-intensive as I'd thought), and the second is three-quarters of the way done. But I am counting it. I need the encouragement. I have not yet figured out how I am going to make this all work out. Whee. :-)

And, standing in stark contrast to how well (most) everything else is going so far, one of the groups I have to meet with has decided to schedule themselves at a time when I cannot attend. Fine. Screw you guys, too. I *know* that I do not *have* to be there; I *know* that, technically, I am wasting my time because I am ahead of most of the others, but... It's just basic fricking politesse, you creeps.

Butsoanyway.

It is quite cold here, and I am hoping Mehitabel is doing ok. I have been leaving food for her and *someone* is eating it, but I haven't seen her in days. I know that the little kitty is not happy, and I feel horribly guilty for typing this, but I love this weather. If I could catch Mehitabel, I could love it with a clear (enough) conscience. :-
But it *is* gorgeous; windy, crisp, cold nights with a clear sky...I am almost in heaven. :-)

Well, except for all these farking assignments.

MMM was kind enough to copy to cd most of our .pdf overload. What a sweety. He has printed out hardcopies for himself and in an expandable file and delighted in showing us that, printed front-and-back, it is roughly the size of a mid-size town's phone book. Sigh. *But* (there is always a 'but' with MMM), he is saving us money on a text this way.

Doll-baby, I tell you.

This time last year, I was so wrapped up in everything that I literally could not justify the time to post (I felt). This year, Meg is going to her tournament without me (bitch), but that whole Divine Justice Thing being what it is, Mummers is leaving tomorrow to go with her 'cos she had so damn much fun when she went before. Ha, ha! Teach you, Meg!

And that is about all that is My Life. At least in the immediate sense. I want to try to get something else accomplished before I go to sleep, though. Yay. Accomplishment.

:-)

No comments: