Thursday, January 26, 2006

More fun


I had a dental appointment today that seemed to take forever...sigh.  It was this process that I thought my dentist said was a root planar scaling, but it's also called an SRP just to make things more confuzzling.  And I may even be spelling it wrong; I'm not going to bother looking it up.  Pfft.  I made Dr Toofies do my whole mouth instead of me coming back four damn times, which I am not going to do, so it took *ages*, it seemed.  Dentists don't bother me at all.  I know they freak some people the hell out, but I do not understand how or why, and although I respect their right to freak the fuck out, I am okay with dentists--what freaks me out are eye exams. 

See?  As *always*, I am in the Overlooked Minority.  You don't ever hear advertisements for "pain-free" opthamologists, do you? 

I do *not* like having things pushed into my eye.  Or *near* my eyes.  Or laid *around* my eyes.  Ohellno.  And that blue glowy thing they want to put ON your eyeball?  OHELLNO.  Gives me panic attacks.  Pity my opthamologist who had to rule out other things in order to diagnose me with ocular migraines (I have those sometimes as well as regular migraines) a few years ago.  Poor man.  But look at it this way--you only get TWO eyeballs.  What if the person doing your exam sneezed and poked your eye out with the blue glowy circle-thing?  Or what if the lightbulb of the blue glowy circle-thing got hot, and popped on your wet eyeball?  What then, huh? 

My point exactly.

Butsoanyway.

Since I took today off, I had nothing to do after, so I went shopping.  Only it was shopping for underwears, so that doesn't count as *real* shopping. 

But since I now have clean toofies and bras galore as well as today off, I think I am going to do something out of the ordinary.  I have been sitting here thinking that I should feel guilty about not coming home and going right back to work, but...it's not working.  I *don't* feel guilty. 

So I am not sure what I am going to do yet, but...I am going.

ttfn!

No comments: