Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gah; it actually *is* a jungle out there.

I have been going through shit frame-by-frame. This takes a VERY LONG TIME. And I cannot use our program from work (even though I got a neato cool response box for it about a week ago, so that rocks -- though we are not using it right now), 'cos I am NOT going to sit at work for three or four days straight. Nope. No. And the system we have at work needs a key to make it work, but the key does not leave, ever, because of the cost of the damned thing. I pushed for this system over two others, but the fact that I cannot take it home and that a few people I work with mispronounce it drives me batshit.

Well, they leave out the 'L', and say 'Notice', only they are saying it like they are having some serious adenoid issues -- more like 'no-diss'. Sometimes I think we should have gotten the other one, just so I do not have to pretend as if it did not drive me crazy. Blow your freaking nose and speak clearly. Fack.

Butsoanyway.


Take a look at my box!

[box to come; Blogger won't let me load pics]

I am like The Bad Doctor in that KiTH skit...I ask for things, and they give them to me; this is awesome. Sometimes I love Job 2. I am thinking of asking for Mikrosil next. I have wanted to play with Mikrosil for *years*, I just have to think of why on god's earth I would actually *need* it.

Hmmm.

But back to my point of this taking forever and a day; thank freaking god that I found where Windows Movie Maker will display *hundredths* of a second, or else I would be even LONGER without sleep than I am going to be as it is (and I am not going to get to actually sleep until Saturday night as things stand...BWAAH!!) to correctly categorise it...now for almost two days straight. I have like, lost the ability to see straight. This is extremely upsetting to me, 'cos I *want* to see straight; I am taking this...erm...opportunity (do you like how I have re-framed this to be positive? Cool, iddnit?) to catch up on all twenty-six million episodes of Monk that I have never gotten to see but still buy 'cos I have a crush on Ted Levine (Nooo, not *just*because of SotL; quit talking to Meg. Though if you are having the same 'nuh-uh!' moment some others have had when it comes up, you can refresh your memory here. Or catch Ted *and The Groundskeepers' song here {awesome}. The poster of this clip disturbs me in spite of my partial agreement {comment translation below; it is in Portugese}. It really is that he is *that* unbelievably awesome an actor. ...as well as sexy.) that simply defies description; the things I want to do to him are illegal in at least six states. After Monk, I am moving on to view all of Crime Story, maybe.

I know...I need therapy; I have all this crap to do, and here I am in heat. Being on the Pill always causes me to be constantly turned on; someone *please* explain that one to me, 'kay? I have been wondering about that one for near to the entirety of my fertile life so far. And it has nothing to do with so-called 'safety'; first off, you *aren't* 'safe', and second, it has nothing to do with whether I am in a relationship or out of one. On Pill = in heat constantly, off Pill = normal; sometimes on, sometimes off.

I think there is some hormonal crap that happens,and not just the not ovulating thing. Seriously. I almost wish it made me sick, like several other girls I know. Know how many people I know that stay constantly horny when they take the Pill? One. Me. And it is not listed under side effects; I looked. This is actually one of the reasons I quit it a while ago. Pfft. Sigh.

Butsoanyway. Back to this stuff.

And I am NOT EVEN STARTED on the verbal behaviours for the bulk of it; that will be all day tomorrow. I have been holding off on that 'cos the other stuff is the hard(er) part, and listening will interfere with my Leland Stottlemeyer-watching. I am now kicking myself for not having used something for audio that I could cart home with me in the past so that I could maybe be familiar with it and schtuff. As things stand, I will just hit Pause in WMM and log start/change/stop. Fuck the fancy-schmancy shit.

I even let Kate take a huge part and do it, and I was going to confirm, but I am sososososososooooooo tempted not to log-confirm that I am going to have to maybe nap and let some morality leak back into my brain. Sigh. I am inclined to do Very Bad Things right now, and not just to ol' Leland.

Damnation...talk about ageing well! What's this show about, anyway? ;-)

No, you are not the only ones who think I am weird.


.


Comment translation:

Brilhante atuação de Ted Levine em Silêncio dos Inocente.
Brilliant acting of Ted Levine in Silence of Lambs.

[Agreed; better than Foster and Hopkins combined, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise; his entire performance aside, that sniffl'y thing he does when Brooke first says 'I want my mommy'? Besides being Incredibly Cute, that's called ACTING. We're all ruined by this half-assed 'I'm going to play the same character over, and over, and over...and that character happens to be a lot like me!' shit that goes on anymore that actual acting gets ignored. He also has an fantastic way of conveying many simultaneous emotions towards Monk, but if I get into everything else he has done, we will be here all day]

Buffalo Bill realmente rouba a atenção, apagando completamente a ranhenta Jodie Foster (tem mesmo cara de ranhentinha).
Buffalo Bill really steals the attention, putting out completely the ranhenta Jodie Foster (it has even expensive of ranhentinha).

[Agreed again, and I don't even know what a ranhenta is; I can only assume a ranhentinha is an even worse one]

Pena que o herói do filme morre no final.
Too bad that the hero of the movie dies in the end.

[I am so totally not going to get into the hero/anti-hero/antagonist/protagonist pedantry with you, 'cos it may be a translation error. Ask your English teacher, or your Portugese Lit. teacher. Anyway, assuming you mean 'hero' as in an allied person(a) for whom you were rooting (try reading the book; pointless!), you are officially creeping me out. However, if you -- like me -- just hate seeing a perfectly good fictional hot guy get snuffed, then we are in agreement. Plus Ted should have gotten *much* more camera time.]


Formaria uma bela dupla com o Dr. Lecter he he he..
It would form a double beauty with Dr. Lecter he he he..

[Okay, *now* you are creeping me out; when I start having fantasies like that, I am switching to Ortho TriCyclen Lo or something. Sheesh. Hopkins is like, almost as old as my father, fer chrissake*. ;-) ]


*It may bear mentioning again that my parents had me when they were much older than 'traditional' parents (which seems to be younger these days than ever before, but I am 'supposed' to be about twenty [or more] years older than I am), a fact that leaves many confused when I say things like 'Hopkins is like, almost as old as my father, fer chrissake!' trying to be funny. I mean, he was really a cutie in Audrey Rose**, but the humour is in my selection of the age difference over the qualities of the characters (Buffalo Bill and Lecter***). See? Having old parents really handicaps my comedy style. ;-)

**I only know that 'cos Mom likes that movie (well, more correctly, she saw it with my father or friends in the theatre, and wanted to see it again when it came on television, probably cable), and I watched it with her when I was a kid (when it came on television; my father would *never* have let me watch something like that in the theatre, and probably not on tv if he had known about it). I have no idea how old I was, but I do remember that I thought Hopkins' character was creepy as hell then, like some sick stalker, and it terrified me that her parents would not intervene, and I remember being extremely frightened when Hopkins interacted with Audrey Rose, especially when she cooperated and calmed down for him; for some reason that was Quite Disturbing to me, and I completely misremembered it until I saw it on cable as an adult. At that point it just struck me as a largely silly sixties-tinged movie about reincarnation dumbness, but yes, Hopkins was cute. It is just kind of icky if I say that now, since he is almost as old as my father.

***Let's not play games; I would totally do Bill and Lecter together any day of the week. We all know it.

:-D

Sigh. Enough funny. Back to work.




.

No comments: