Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birfday to Mom!

Happy birthday to my lovely Mummers, who completely vetoed my cool-as-hell idea of having a Resident Evil: Extinction -themed birthday party tonight at a movie theatre. You know, one where we could all dress up like zombies ('cept me; I would go as Alice or Jill). Mummers would be allowed to bring one friend ('cos I do not have enough zombie makeup for more than just us), and we would have FUN!


Mummers and her One Friend On Earth.
Sad, idnnit? I told her she would have
more friends if she did cool things, like
Resident Evil birthday parties.
Just kidding; it is not really Mom.
But if it were, she'd be the one brandishing the umbrella.
Strewth.

Mommy said no.



I have no idea how that clip got there.

Butsoanyway.

Instead, we are all going out for the afternoon with some of her friends. In my mind, it will be something like this:






And then Meg and I will go do something with her that she will pick whenever she is good and ready, and then we will take her out to dinner. Mom said that if I want to have a zombie birthday party, then I can have one on my birthday. She is wholly immune to Reason on this point, unwilling to acknowledge the multiple Compelling Reasons I have brought to her attention, such as:

  1. The premiere is on 21 September, not 22. Hello!
  2. It is not as if she has not set a precedent for my needs over hers by being in labour with me on her birthday. And exceptions built upon historical precedent were found by the Supreme Court to be valid and binding contracts in Skritfwatt v. Waistletharp. Seriously. Look it up.
  3. I promise to take the zombie makeup off this time.
  4. I promise to not get so 'into' the role of Alice. Or Jill. Rilly. No thunking people in the head with poles from the lobby. Swear.
  5. Should I thunk anyone in the head with a pole from the lobby, I promise that I will immediately and without hesitation take them to the nearest emergency room for treatment this time, especially if they appear to be bleeding, in which case I will not tarry for the next showing.
  6. Moreover, I promise that should any of the above-mentioned injured parties be Meg, I will hesitate even less this time. And further, I understand that, simply because Meg has brought her own car, she is in no greater position to be driving that car to the emergency room after being thunked in the head with a pole from the lobby than anyone else with a traumatic brain injury, whether this fact inconveniences me or not.
  7. I really, really wanna.
  8. pleez?

As I said, impervious to reason. Hmmph.

.

No comments: