Tuesday, October 24, 2006

let's make this quick...


So I have this MAJOR deadline coming up at work, and it is starting to freak me the hell out.  I haven't been able to devote a ton of time to it so far, and so with every passing day I am getting more neurotic.  I hate that feeling.  :-\ 

I have been feeding the parking lot cats damn close to every day, and I just put another phone call in tonight to good ol' WeLuvvem Kitty Rescue (the ones who think I should be able to round up all the feral cats in Eviljob's lot on my own and house them all in my garage, or out on the lanai, or just throw a tarp over them in my back yard, or maybe house them all in a storage facility for a month so that I can get free spays and neuters through them, which ups their numbers and demonstrates that they are filling a community need), to see if we can work out some kind of negotiation--I just bought a few of my own traps, and they sent out a newsletter via email asking for trap loans/donations because they are having a round-em-up, and are--in their words--desperate.  I am waiting for a call back, and I am going to propose that I lend my traps if someone will come out and help me to get some of these guys in the round-em-up.  I'm sure the answer will be, 'no, but we'll be happy to take the donation of the traps!', but I am going to give it a try anyway. 

And no, I am not exaggerating about the month-long wait.  If they had their way, my home would be wall-to-wall with angry feral cats crammed into Hav-A-Heart traps, all waiting for their appointment.  Bwaah!  Or I could 'plan ahead', as one of their volunteers suggested, and wait to trap right before the appointment date.  I would be willing to do that, but Mehitabel keeps telling me she'll have her Girl phone my Girl, and nothing ever comes of it...sigh. 

The 'planning ahead' thing would work if every time I set a trap out at Eviljob I got a cat, but it doesn't work that way--I have set my traps out TONS of times and caught Not Shit.  But whatever...I'm not trying to gripe. 

No, rilly--I'm not; it's just happening.  :-)

Okay; I have to get to sleep, but I wanted mainly to bemoan the fact that I have a deadline coming up, and that I have yet to do anything really holiday-ish.  And that blows goats.  I am trying to think of something sorta quickish that I could do as a spirit-lifting thing, and I keep coming up with bupkis. 

g'night.

.

2 comments:

Smento said...

That's just silly. There's no way you could take care of them all at once, and it wouldn't be fair to your permanent wards! Poop on them!

As for something quick and spirit-lifting, I find visiting cuteoverload.com or the viking kittens site often helps.

****hugs****

Blog Boy said...

Hey, I think it is little difficult to take care of all of them. but " No Pain No Gain"...Hope u will meet the deadlines." Planning is the key to meet any deadlines" ..Take care!!!