Saturday, November 11, 2006

Oh, me so sleepy! Me typing long time...

Ok, so I did face-time at Eviljob, and left early to go put together (or help put together, really) some stuff for our EIGHT-HOUR LONG Pleez Give Us Money meeting on Monday. I--for once in my young life--did not have to do this all alone, 'cos my New, Improved Job 2 comes with a post-FuD, to whom I directly report, and she is AWESOME.

Like, finally, right?

She is just cool to the coolthiest power--really knows her stuff, and doesn't fake it when she doesn't. I really *hate* it when people fake it, 'cos you never know after that whether they are for real, or talking out of their ass--you have to double-check everything they say or do. She listens well, reflects on things, and is just damn close to everything I want to be when I grow up. :-) Plus she really handled a HORRIBLE issue at Job 2 really quietly and well--enough that *I* didn't totally understand all that was going on until afterwards, but she fixed it. And she doesn't pawn stuff off on people, either--she is very hard-working, and if anything she is like me in that she takes on *way* too much. But I figured that, like me, it's because she's accustomed to people fucking things up, not showing up, and so forth--so I have been on a mission to gain her trust, and I think that (after four long months), that I have managed to do so, at least a little bit.

Provided I don't fuck anything up on Monday, that is.

I'm going to have to think up a name for her, 'cos I have a raging girl-crush on her. She assigned specific parts for me to handle in the early morning part of what is essentially a mini-seminar, and I finished those...so she is putting together the rest, and we will do a run-through tomorrow. And what kills me is that I offered 3,718,281,828.46 times to do more, and she declined. In the Old Job 2, I would have gotten the request to slap together something late Friday afternoon (because advance notice would have been spoiling me too much), and then been left to my own devices as to how that was going to happen. Shit...in the Old Job 2, I might not have been told about the meeting until Sunday evening, 'cos everyone 'forgot' to tell me.

I love my new job.

So I am taking a [gasp!] break. Yes--a break. An actual period of time in which I am going to put a pizza in the oven, dose Meg's cat, dose Romeo (his nightly Theo-Dur), dose myself (I'm sick and on Augmentin and Flonase, by the way), rub Squoosh's neck, and pickle my brain with television as I eat. :-) In other words, do nothing. A BREAK. Beauty!

...then I am going to get back here and come up with additional stuff to try to help flesh out some of her stuff, because I am a control freak, and I am sucking up, and I want to be helpful, and I have an Inner Stage Manager who is still not totally cool with letting someone else do all this, and I like and respect her as a person, and would even go over and rub her feet if I thought that would be the least bit useful right now. Plus, I don't transition well between helper and helpee. Does it show? *I* am the helper. Like, always. God ordained it or something, I think.

No, rilly.

Plus, I don't want her to feel like I do all the god damned time, 'cos she's like, Xena, Warrior Princess, or something.

Ok: pizza and drugs! Yay.

.

1 comment:

Blog Boy said...

Develop a passion towards anything u want to achieve in life..and follow that passion .....this is the key to success..all d best for monday!!!