Tuesday, November 14, 2006

We hail Prince George! We hail Prince George!

Blackadder, anyone?

It just occurred to me that one of the funniest gems on the net has never been mentioned here: The Chronicles of George. If you are havening some free time, well...it's worth it. As god may or may not be my witness, I think I have worked with George a few years ago when I was doing tech support.

Sigh.

Meg is ok, everyone is ok. Meg's car isn't ok, but... Augh. I TOLD her to not let the wrecker company that the police brought out take her car to their lot. I TOLD her.

Now they are pulling their typical scam of not having told her she has to come down and sign to let adjusters and everyone come look at her car or take it to be fixed or totalled out (they so totally rely on you being unable to make it to them because you--duh--have no transportation, while they are earning storage fees and everything else), so she has sat for 24 hours thinking something was being done about her car, and it wasn't--the towing company told the adjuster to drop dead early this morning. As I drove her out there this afternoon to sign their stupid release, I told her that I told her all this, and so she started yelling at me.

Oh, WHATEVER.

She's just grumpy, so I didn't yell back at her. I know that she now knows to freaking listen to me--I worked for four years at an answering service, and at any given time we had five to ten towing companies (the scammy ones are *notorious* for not paying their bills), and I know how the scam is run. One company we answered for had instructions on their first screen in CAPITAL SCREAMING LETTERS that we were under no circumstances to discuss prices with any caller...because the prices changed depending on how expensive your car was. Not that they told us that last part. And their 'end of day' (at which point they started charging storage fees was subject to change based on what they thought they could get out of you). The guys there were reliably and constantly 'out on a call' when people would come to pick up their cars, or have a wrecker come; I cannot tell you how many times they did the 'forward (the phones) and hide (themselves)' trick to get out of releasing a car for one more day. Bwaah!

Butsoanyway.

I have to take her to go get a rental car (thank you, jeebus) tomorrow, and that's *after* I put in five hours at Eviljob, so... Bed. Now.

gah.

.

1 comment:

Blog Boy said...

Really a good gam and a god Pass time!!!