Sunday, November 19, 2006

Siamese Leprosy


Last night I must have slept in a sleep-of-the-dead sense; I dreamt nothing all night, and had a really weird dream right before I woke up, kind of when I was already half-awake, and when I finally woke up this morning, my cheek and forehead hurt as if I had a sunburn or something.  I went to the bathroom to see that I have two *huge* scabs on my left cheek (right on the cheekbone) and forehead (dead centre, like some silver dollar-sized bindi).  The only thing I can figure is that Romeo kitty-kissed all the skin off trying to groom me, or wake me up.  I figure this because (1) there are teensy little rasp marks all going in the same direction on each sore, and (2) Romeo is obsessive about grooming me--some nights he gets so bad that I have to put the covers over my head to escape (if you've never had a seal-point Siamese try to clean all the fleas out of your eyebrows, you just haven't lived.  And don't even try to explain to the Meezer that you don't HAVE fleas in your eyebrows; they know that you do), and (3) I didn't have the sores when I went to bed.  He has never done this before, though--or if he has tried (which he has; he just plops himself on my pillow and starts going to town), I have awakened enough to get him off me, or pull the covers up--it *hurts*.  I must have been REALLY out. 

It would be cute, only I have to still go and do things and see people Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  And then there's Thanksgiving and shopping on Friday, and I now look like I have leprosy or something.  Having leprosy is decidedly un-cute.  Having leprosy has made my cutitude quotient drop like a pachinko ball.  And I tried covering it with foundation today--it only made it worse. 

Great.  Just great.

Yeah.  I'm loved.  If it is all the same, I wish that I were loved a little less, thankyouverymuch.

At least he didn't pull all the hairs out of my eyebrows with those damned little Measleteeth. 

*Yes*, I'm irritated--the little wiener 'groomed' my damn face off, fer chrissakes.

I did have something set up today--I don't know if it counts as a date or not (more on that later--it's that thoughtful, nice thing), but I cancelled it and rescheduled for next Sunday.  Hopefully by then the cortisone and anitbiotic crud I've heaped on my face will have done something; plus I take my last Augmentin tomorrow morning, so I'm starting up with the Minocycline. 

Bwaah!

And as if it all weren't going weirdly enough, when I cleaned out my purse to find my Augmentin today, I found that I did have a bottle of generic diphenhydramine all along.  Sigh.  It's always something, iddnit?  But if I'd been asked, I would have cleaned out my purse looking, so I would have found it.  Sigh.  Doublesigh.  TRIPLESIGH.  Stick a fork in me; I'm *done*.

.







No comments: