Thursday, August 25, 2005

Baltimore Aquarium, by Sporkgirl


Baltimore Aquarium, originally uploaded by Ancodia.

Baltimore is just beautiful. It really is. I shouldn't say anything other than that but I'm a fuckup, so I'll go ahead and wreck it and keep yapping.

There is just something about the Nat'l Aquarium (in Baltimore, not in DC where it's nowhere near water, and appears to be in the basement of something that looks like a library, but I'll not go there. Poor fishies.) that is captivating. Now I know that my picture sucks, but work with me here. It's the angular style--square, triangle, lines--contrasted with the water, and the sky. And it looks best when the water and sky complement each other--kind of like it did here, but when not in the hands of a shit photographer like myself. A good angle was hard to come by because of all of the people there. And there are a LOT of bums. I mean like a million billion. I think there was a bum convention whilst I was there; everywhere you turned--*literally*--there was someone(s) asking for money. It felt like I was in freaking Calcutta.

But I think the building is beautiful. And I like fish. And water. And it's just sexy as hell for all the right reasons. Wistful sigh.

After the Aquarium, we ate at City Lights, home to a cool-ass crabcake. Lump. Yay. And then after exploring around the harbour, we went around the city. Didn't see Tracy Turnblad *anywhere*. :-)

But Baltimore would be such a totally WONDERFUL city to be a superhero in. I know I'd already written this, but it bears repeating. They're spread out, have cool buildings, tunnels, a harbour...just everything a superhero would need. Now if I could only shoot webs, or fly, or had all kinds of neato gadgets. Or all three. Oh--and a butler named Alfred. Four. And a cool superhero name. Squooshable could be my Supercat sidekick; I'd let him ride in the sidecar of my motorcycle, and he could Murder Death Kill bad guys. He'd like that. I wonder if he'd wear a cape without too much fuss...

And Romeo could be a sidekick, too--he's already wearing a facemask! :-) His weapon would be sarcasm. You can just tell that he's putting you down.

And Weebie could be a sidekick--she could headbutt bad guys. She's good at headbutting. But I think she'd protest being *only* a sidekick.

I could be Catwoman, but that's kind of already taken. Oh, the injustice.

Anyway, we went around the city. It was beautiful. Yes, I mean that. Words really cannot describe, so I'll do an interpretive dance...


...



There. Did that help?








No comments: