Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Kiss Them For Me

Sighmuffin.

I hate it when Meg leaves for Elsewhere without me.

It's not that I have to be involved in everything; it's that I worry about her. Really. I just feel as if she'll be ok if I'm there, and it's up for grabs if I'm not.

As I said before, at least I'm an honest control freak. Honesty is important.

Meg takes off tomorrow. She'll be wandering around for a week before I swing through. Yeah...a whole week. I dunno how she's gonna survive, either. :-)

Yes, I know that I am neurotic. But what's weird is that I'm not neurotic about myself--just others. In actuality, I'm lucky as hell, and I know it. I've been held up at gunpoint, driven across country longways in a crappy car three times (and a million billion interstate trips), beaten up more times than I care to think about, stalked, shot at (I think it was a warning shot, but I'm counting it), in accidents, rode around with scary people collecting money (let's not go there; it was illegal), wandering around under the influence of one thing or another, taken rides from strangers, given rides to strangers...and I'm fine. And that short list didn't even touch upon some of the things that have happened to me that I consider really, REALLY bad things. And I'm still fine--even with those bad things. I mean, I'm not dead, maimed, or anything, for the most part, and my brain usually works mostly ok. I do have a couple of interesting scars, but no one ever sees them. :-) So they don't count. I have a charmed life, or something. And I worry about all of the things that could happen--I really do. To other people.

Like right now, Squoosh is on the floor by me playing with a bigass pink Superstraw from Panera, and I'm afraid that he's going to pith himself with it.

And I'm afraid that I'll not get up in time tomorrow...doublesigh. I hope Meg stays safe.

Bwaah!

4 comments:

Smento said...

Meg will be fine! I bet she's grateful to have someone care about her so much.

I'm the same way about many people. When family members go on trips I always obsess about all of the bad things that could happen to them (actually, I obsess about such things when they're in town, too). They probably think I'm nuts, but then they turn around and do the same thing. It's human nature, I think, to worry about the ones we love.

Now let's discuss this being held up at gunpoint thing. That's not OK. I sincerely hope someone got put in jail for terrorizing Ms. Ancodia. As for the other scary incidents, I strongly suggest you move to Texas. If anyone messes with you, my brothers and I will deal with them. With bats, perhaps.

Smento said...

Incidentally, three cheers for the song reference. Siouxsie rocks!

ancodia said...

lol! And if I move to TX, I can not only carry a gun myself, I can also harass my brother up close! This sounds like a bargain all the way around! :-)

No...they guy who held me up was never caught. I'm actually just glad that he believed me that I didn't have any more money, and didn't shoot me. He only got about $20, and I thought he was going to take my purse, but he threw it down behind a house. He kept my wallet and I lost some pictures, but otherwise I got everything back mostly intact. I hope he never did kill anyone, and it would have been nice if they could have gotten him, but I was just glad I wasn't dead, 'cos I was kind of figuring it was inevitable for a while there. I figure he went off to look for someone with more money or jewellery.

It's weird--when I though he might shoot me, I wasn't scared. I just thought, "Oh, fuck; I'm going to die," and then I just kind of accepted it. And I remember thinking that better than I remember what he looked like, even. I figured that it was probably going to hurt and I wasn't looking forward to that, but I was mostly just sad. :-) So him leaving was a very happy thing indeed, even though I cried for practically the rest of the day; I think that was the stress, 'cos I wasn't really sad anymore by then, I was relieved and happy in a weird way.

Take away message: Don't walk around Detroit by yourself. Well, if you're me. It may work for other people. Once again, it's empirically proven: I'm dumb as all get-out sometimes.

ancodia said...

lol... also, if I moved to TX, I might have to borrow a brother; in a hold up, mine would try to bargain back his Amex card by offering me up. :-) I feel the love... He'd figure they'd get sick of me in about ten minutes, and let me off on some corner; I know him.