Thursday, August 25, 2005

No parking, Baby?


No parking, Baby?, originally uploaded by Ancodia.

My caption:

Meg and I both stared at this sign for a full ten minutes, trying to figure out if we could park there. She's the rule-based, mathematical one, and I'm the intuitive, affordance-based one, and neither of us had a god damned clue at the end of that ten minutes. The car was still there when we came back, for what it's worth. No wonder people in DC are fucked up for life.

---------

In all honesty, Meg thought we probably could park there. She said she was about 80% certain. On the other hand, I thought we could not, and was approximately 50% certain. Not good odds at all. To this day, I still am not sure why our car was still there and unticketed. It may have had something to do with the three cars illegally double-parked beside a car illegally parked in front of a fire hydrant right ahead of our car. Though who knows, really. Traffic-wise, it's bedlam there. I guess I'd have to be addled or insane to really, truly understand it.

No comments: