Monday, August 08, 2005

coolest...CD...ever...

So I'm riding around today, trying to finish all of the ten thousand and one errands that I have to get to in order to be able to leave on Thursday. I'm listening to Fresh Air, and they're doing a sploop (bigger than a blurb, but not yet a full-out story) about Paul Anka's latest CD.

It's awesome. I've just bought it. I *had* to. Anyone who is covering Van Halen, Lionel Ritchie, The Cure, and Nirvana (among others)--all on the same cd--rates a preeminent spot on my cd shelf.

And it actually is pretty good. So you kind of have both types of entertainment working for you here. That's always good. And for what it's worth, I do not ever say "Pull Anka", or "Pole Anka". There was some debate about that today, when I took a break for an early dinner. Assholes. :-) And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Mom's fine. She says her cat was depressed because she was gone. :-) I'm certain it was. Her cat is just like her--fruitcakey and annoying. I think that if I spoke cat, I'd find that she calls me "Loser". Mom calls her "my daughter, the one with grey fur", and I'm sure she loves her better than Meg and me put together. It's amazing that those two found each other in this great big world, because they're soul mates. Her cat--Arby--even eats yoghurt, baked potatoes, and vegetables, because that's what her Mama eats. Well, that, and because Mama isn't really devout about keeping to scheduled mealtimes. I figure that with Mom, children exhibiting pica is kind of an adaptive, evolutionary thing. Oh--and Arby eats those meal bars (I just call them all Power Bars). And she also eats berry-flavoured cream cheese and Healthy Choice frozen dinners. She's an amazing animal. So's Mom, for that matter.

Our drive home wasn't too bad, save my mother's criticism of, well, everything about the way I drive. As if she should talk. She has two modes: accelerating, and braking. Hard. I won't let her drive my car, 'cos I'd like to keep it. She's never gotten into a wreck, but that says nothing about how many she's caused and driven away from obliviously. :-)

Ok...I have to go get productive. :-) I can't wait for Meg to hear the Paul Anka cd; she's going to love it! I miss her. Sigh.

No comments: