Friday, August 05, 2005

Squoosh runs down Diagon Alley

My poor little cock-headed beast runs diagonally...it's kinda cute. :-) He walks fairly normally, but when he takes off in an amazing display of Squoosh speed, he runs diagonally.

Yeah, I love it. :-)

NP loved the tube. I kinda knew she would, but it was a relief to get it over with and find out for sure. We had a nice lunch. :-\ It's weird. Now I like her in a way close to how I liked her when I first met her. Sort-of. I guess she's another one who would have been a good woman if someone'd been there to shoot her every minute of her life.

Or something like that. Maybe it's just that she's being nice because she's getting what she wants. I just don't know. Nor do I really care; it's just an issue of she's easier to be around when she's like this.

After I came back from her, I had son-friend come over (of course I needed to give him money), and help me hang up some new curtains. He has a hearing about whether or not he gets disability. I hope he does, 'cos he is hell on my bank account. His rent's due, and so far this week, I've given him $325. Sigh. Oh--plus gas. And he currently has my BP (pronounced "Beep"! :-) Ok, well, if you're me. ) card. I don't know whether to leave that with him while I'm gone, or not. I'm having a hard time thinking ahead with him; I am just keeping my fingers crossed that he will get disability. If he doesn't, I'm going to scream.

After we hung the curtains, I *meant* to get back to work typing crap. What I *did* do was accidentally fall asleep and have a really weird dream. And when I got up, I finished checking my email (well, somehow I managed to actually never *start*), and now, added on to everything else I have to do before I leave, I have to get a proof of enrollment for my tuition waiver in the Fall.

This is the stupidest system ever. In my program, since it's a fairly small and competitive one, practically everyone is on a waiver. It's part of the offer they put together when they're first luring you in like a big wall-eyed bass (Or is that a pike? Trout? Flounder?). It would be more effective to have the ones that *aren't* taking waivers (or are getting them through elsewhere, like their employer) to come in and fill out whatever. But that's just me, who doesn't like to drown in paperwork.

Back to NP, she's asked me to keep in touch with her via her online journal. She of course doesn't know about this one. So now, I guess to be social, I have to start another blog. Sigh. I have to register to make comments on the one she's on. I think I'll go the route of registering and not actually keeping a journal there. For numerous reasons--one, I'm not all that crazy about their format; two, if I kept a journal there, I could mention everyone by name, and talk about my work and research in a non-obfuscatory way, but otoh, I couldn't be honest. I'd have to say nice things that I don't mean, and sound enthusiastic when I'm not. I do that enough already. So I'll see what happens. I'm not completely into this sort of thing...it's just Not Me.

Ok, now to plan for tomorrow. Pfft.

No comments: