Thursday, August 25, 2005

This town needs an enema!


This town needs an enema!, originally uploaded by Ancodia.

Ok, enough dicking around. I came here to work,and so...off to work. This town really *does* need a fricking enema; I wouldn't be a superhero here if they paid me, which they wouldn't. Hmmph.

The whole city is beautiful history and architecture destroyed by self-centred freaks. And I mean that on both sides of the political spectrum. Or all four sides. Or eight. Whatever. Ever see Bambi Meets Godzilla? Well, Bambi's the hope of our nation and the blood, sweat, and tears of everyone. Godzilla's the selfish, shallow mislabelled public servants. Splat. And everyone's doing it, and nobody cares.

Butsoanyway.

Needless to say, I'm freaking and panicked. Well, more than usual. Well, for me. I'm sure that everyone will hate me, that I'll be a failure, and that I'll be burnt at the stake for incompetence. Or something like that. You know the drill.

Beautiful, though.

But DC has its horrible side, too. Everything is two to three times more expensive than it should be. Everything. And there are people who are just not making it. They need help. In the very city that you would think should stand as some kind of bastion of liberty, equality, and brotherhood (unless I'm thinking about the wrong country, eh?) has some pretty downrtrodden people. Voici l'opportunite nous Incroyables.

Yeah. What he said.

Butsoanyway.

It's pretty. And I have a sick fondness for overcast skies. Perverse, iddnit? Oh--and water. Can't forget that.

It was hot, my stuff went ok (with the exception of one asshole who just wanted to be obnoxious, but who cares). I saw a lot of things. I talked to a lot of people. I talked to one guy as I was handing stuff out for Kidlet (long story) whom I should have tried to pick up. I didn't. I'm a yellow coward when it comes to that stuff anymore, so I just hang my head in shame. He gave me every opportunity; he truly did. And the number of intelligent, nice guys I'll meet dwindles by the day. Not that I'll ever *get* one. I'm a god damned idiot. But who knows...he might have just been *pretending* to be a nice guy. They do that, you know.

Bok, bok, bok.

So all over DC, everywhere you look, there is something amazing going on. People fighting for illegal parking spaces. No, rilly. DC has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life. I think the traffic laws there are decided upon democratically, or something. I literally saw people just pull up, get out of their car, lock it and walk away--leaving it on the street! In the street!! Literally!!! I saw signs all over that said traffic violations were being captured on camera. Bullshit. If that's the truth, then Washington, DC must be singularly responsible for the Kodak company staying afloat; they would be the single largest consumer of film in the UNIVERSE. And what in the hell do they do with all of this film? It sure as hell isn't writing any tickets, 'cos the populace seems unafraid...

The license plates there say "Taxation Without Representation". They aren't kidding; from your license plate to god's ears.

oh, wait--I'm agnostic.

No comments: