Tuesday, April 04, 2006

All hail the mighty gerbil!

I have been making up for lost time at Eviljob from when I was in Reno, and so I volunteered to revamp this thing that lists out standards and specs. No one else wanted to do it; it is long, boring, and mostly solitary work…up to the point where I had to give a brief overview to a manager and a few other people. It is worthy of mention that throughout all this, la managerette was the only one who was not laughing. Well, *I* wasn’t until the end.

Ancodia: …and so, we see that X is, in Situation Y, the more accessible and durable solution.

Manager: …gerbil?

Ancodia: Pardon?

Manager: You said gerbil? It’s a gerbil solution?

Ancodia:: Durable; it is a durable solution (I should have thought to spell it here, but I didn’t).

Dork 1: (trying to not laugh out loud, and failing) I don’t understand.

Manager: Me, either.

Ancodia: Durable! Dur-a-ble!

Manager: …ger-uh-bil?

Dork 2: (snickering) I think it’s gerbil; I agree with her.

Ancodia: Dura…dur…oh, forget it; it demonstrates a resistance to insults to its external integrity which is marked in comparison to other Xs of its kind.

Manager: I understand, but what does that have to do with gerbils?

(Dorks 1 and 2 break out laughing)

Ancodia: Oh, screw you all—they’re hardy little bastards.

Manager: I don’t know; I never had one. I just wasn’t familiar with the saying.

Jesus christ on a popsicle stick. This is why one *reads* prior to sitting down. Sigh.

In Clawless Cat News, I just talked with Chrissy, and she said that she knows another pet rescue person who will take Buddy (thank god), will charge a little more for him, and will background-check prospective parents. Yay. Now I just have to get Thimblebrain to drop the cat off so I don’t have to. And I didn’t see Mehitabel at all today, which worries me. Or, I guess since we are going to try to drug her again once she has her babies, it’s a good thing—that means it will be over soon. Maybe. I hope.

No comments: