Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Squooshables!

I think the little Squooshables were born Thursday or Friday, because one of the people in Security who has really been watching for me is pretty certain Mehitabel was still huge Thursday morning. I walked all over the parking lot looking for over an hour at lunch, but could find no trace of them. Then when I’d gone back inside, another person in Security paged me because they’d just spoken with someone who saw Mehitabel moving two kittens. So they paged me and I phoned him to find out where she is hiding out. He didn’t know where she took the two kittens to, but he knew where they had been.

Security is so very not supposed to be doing this, by the way; they are supposed to be reporting *me* for skulking around the place like I do. Sigh. Thank goodness we have some nice people in Security these days!

When I got off, I went to my car, and…there was Mehitabel! I am *not* kidding! So I gave her some food and water to distract her, and went almost to the back of the building where this guy had said she was. After having to phone him again for *better* directions (I am sure I looked like an idiot, walking around in decorative shrubbery with a cell phone glued to my ear), I finally found it. I was just about to tip-toe in (so as to not squoosh any leftover squooshables) when I saw Mehitabel RUNNING over my way. If you can believe it, she’d seen me from *across* the parking lot! She looked at me hatefully, hissed, and dove into the bush, and I heard a few tiny mewps. Argh. So some are in there still, and at least two others (one of whom is a white kitten, the guy said) are Somewhere Else.

I called Chrissy and Bonnie, but with it being Easter and all, neither of them could come help me tonight. They both said to leave her alone and let her get the kittens back together, though. So I put more food out, and I left. Argh. But, on the other hand, I guess that any squooshable who is too sick to make it until tomorrow, or Monday, or whatever, is probably too sick to make it, period. I mean, they are only a day or so old, and if they are *that* sick, a vet is going to be pretty limited in what they can do. But I heard more than one, and they sounded okay. They sure did recognise Mom. :-)

Ok…I have to type something REALLY quickly; it’s overdue. But someone sent me this, and it’s pretty funny. In The Shul, by 50 Shekel. In case it doesn’t come out below, like it never does.

Ok…I have to go. I may swing by Eviljob tomorrow and see if I can accomplish anything…if I can accomplish something here, that is.

No comments: