Friday, April 21, 2006

Never ever should have told you you're my only girl...BWAAH!

Ohmigod…so cool!

I am typing my fuzzy butt off, but I took a break and found this:

Dead Malls Wiki

Fricking awesome.  My Wonderland and Universal Malls are mentioned, though not my Somerset Collection; it’s still very living, and I hear Twelve Oaks is building out.  Yay.  We need more large malls.  Though I guess that if I am calling them *mine*, the Lakeside Mall is more mine, ‘cos I lived there the sort-of longest.  Not *at* the mall.  

I am homesick today; does it show?

Mummers was mugged at Universal Mall ages ago.  What that has to do with anything, I don’t know.  Except maybe that I was with her and it was scary, and the guy took her purse, which contained…

::drum roll::

…a very nice key envelope.  The one I always remember her as having carried.  See how things all come full-circle?  It’s amazing, rilly.  Let’s sing Circle of Life, ok?

:-D

Speaking of singing, I have had Toto’s Georgie Porgie stuck in my head all damn day; it was playing when I stopped to pick up coffee, and it just…won’t…LEAVE MY HEAD…auuuggghhh!  

And speaking of leaving, Meg leaves next Thursday again, and I can’t go with.  She’s going to Vegas.  Pfft.  Grumble.  But seriously, I hope that she has fun.  She went with me yesterday after work to get money out of the bank so that we could have an early dinner together, and I wouldn’t have to pay interest on it (my bank had some breach of security or something, and cancelled check cards for a bunch of people, though oddly, Meg’s wasn’t touched), ‘cos the bank did send a letter telling me in advance, but my planning is shot to hell, so I didn’t pull any money out—so while I wait for the new card to be sent, I have no money.  I could write checks…if I had any.  I ran out months ago, never got around to putting more in my check book, and now cannot find my box of checks for that account.  My other account at the credit union I have checks and stuff for, but that’s my secret checking/savings account (shhh!), and I only deposit; I have a firm rule about never withdrawing.  Plus, if I used that check card, Meg’d notice; it looks *completely* different from my normal check card.

And what’s funny is that, other than me, anyone reading this now knows more about me than even my family does, at least in a banking sense.  

Butsoanyway.

Meg and Mike the Banking Guy (are they called ‘tellers’ still if they sit at the desks inside?) made fun of me the whole time as he made a temporary ATM card for me.  Well, when Mike wasn’t trying to sell me more banking services.  :-)  I liked Mike; he told Meg she can’t see my account screen (nosy!), and he determined after looking at my account that I am single-handedly responsible for the U.S. economy not falling into recession.  

So you’re welcome; I am doing my best.  

I declined his offer of investment assistance (Cleve handles that for me), a different type of savings account (my ‘real’ savings account is at the credit union, and this bank’s savings account is my ‘fake’ one so that I can list it on paper if need be and get a better deal on my checking account, not that I would tell Mike that, especially with Meg there, but I’m not keeping my savings there for real), and other things.  Both of them just made fun of my spending the whole time; I told them that I was taking Rush Limbaugh’s advice and refusing to participate in the so-called recession because I am not a prophet of doom like some Megs I could mention, to which Meg pointed out that I am not a conservative.  Mike said that shows, and I explained to them that no one is wrong all the time; the not participating in a recession thing is a meritorious idea, to which Mike started laughing and asked, ‘Are you single?  Would you control your spending and marry me?’  Meg snorted and said that if that was the deal, I was going to die unwed.  :-)  

I can *feel* the love, I tell you.  

I have to get back to this thingy.  I am trying to finish multiple projects for class, and ignoring Eviljob stuff, because this other crap *must* get done.  I left a HUMONGOUS pile of food for Mehitabel yesterday ‘cos I knew I wouldn’t make it today.  I do not know what I am going to do on my first day free when this is all over (I have next Friday off, though technically Monday after next is my first actual day off), but I am going to do *something*.  This is just too much.  Augh.  One of the things I am doing is to get credentialing to do something specific that I had planned to do as a side job later on (it is kind of like evaluating things for their user-friendliness, which some people in my field moonlight doing ‘cos there’s good money in it) and, well, frankly, after this whole fiasco, it is decidedly less appealing.  After the break I may be all fired-up about it again; we’ll see.  This certification series is certainly interesting, but it is an astronomical amount of work, and it is *actual* work—for example, instead of sitting around talking about how to correctly re-organise a hospital’s records, or having some silly computer modelling of how to re-organise some fictitious hospital’s records, our Prof has actually gotten contracts with an actual hospital to actually re-organise their actual records (the hospital records is an example, but you get the idea).  Stressful.  Busy.  But kinda interesting.  But the up-side of it is that if I do finish the certification, our school well-respected for this area of concentration (because we have so much real experience when we’re done, bwaah!), and enough of the work is consultation/temporary work that I could pick things up casually when I wanted—in other words, I would be well-accredited, and could still do what I want as a job primarily and do a few consultation-things a year for extra money to keep the economy out of recession, and everyone rolling in Squoosh Chow.  Plus I could teach it.

And another good point is that this prof really seems to like our group (maybe Orker a little less, though), and that’s even with the stunt Orker pulled.  So that is really, *really* good; I may need letters of rec or something later.  

And in (re-) doing some of Orker’s evaluations (which, of course, I declined to do in the first place because I do not have a blog, and he does…I know; I lied…and which, of course, he probably didn’t do himself, or fully—or at least, I don’t trust that he did them as he should), I made the Ginormous Muffin of Testingness (below), and I made this, though I think that I am going to stick with what I am currently using.  Though, I *do* like their little scootchy-panel thingy; when I get time, I may add that to my blog.  What’s funny, though—Squoosh received two comments almost immediately; he’s such a cutie-pie.  And no, I amn’t fucking off…that was actually part of an evaluation, but since I uploaded pics of Romeo and Squoosh (the one of Squoosh I have posted here already), I thought I would share.  It’s a long story.  And I may get some Romeo, Squoosh, and Weebie paraphernalia at Shutterfly.  

Ok…back to work.  Pfft.  This is kinda fun; I should have taken this part myself; it would have given me an excuse to post all my Reno photos which I haven’t done yet.  Only, if I had I would have had to scuffle with Orker ‘cos he said he already used all the sites we had to evaluate, and I would probably have started another blog and not used personal photos just to be safe.  Usually when I am working on a team I let them take what they want; it should all ultimately work out to be the same amount of work, and what does it really matter, anyway?

Ok…I have been randomly pecking at this post off and on for a few hours now, and I think it’s time to slap it on the tush and send it off into the world.  

.

No comments: