Sunday, April 09, 2006

Buddy Has Left The Building


Mr Fluffy, originally uploaded by Ancodia.


Totally forgot to mention that early Friday morning, Mr Buddy went to one of the rescue ladies who had him vaccinated and stuff that same day (Thimblebrain let his vaccinations expire, so I paid for PetsMart's vet to do it right there; it was only $80--they didn't charge me an exam fee, 'cos it was for RescueWoman, and Thimblebrain is paying me back--I phoned her and told her that she was cold-busted, because the vet paperwork she gave me was from February, 2005, and I also bought the kitten vaccination for him too, 'cos Thimble didn't give me any paperwork that showed Buddy'd had it, and the vet said it wouldn't hurt if he had it twice). He was adopted yesterday; RescueWoman phoned to tell me that she'd had someone she has known for a little while (who has fostered for her a few times) was looking for a declawed cat and had originally wanted an older cat (because she knows those are harder to place), but fell in love with Buddy (whose real name is the picture tag) at first glance and adopted him. Ms New Owner will take him to the vet on Monday (written into the adoption contract, as well as never going outside) to make sure his leg is ok after the bites. So we may all breathe a little easier; Buddy sounds like he will be just fine. :-) This is Buddy when I left him with Ms RescueWoman. It's sad when all our worldly possessions will fit into one shopping cart.

Yes, I cried. So what?

Ok; now I *really* have to get back on task...

2 comments:

Smento said...

Aw! Sweet little Buddy! I actually prefer Mr. Fluffy, but I suspect he'd rather be a Buddy. You're racking up all kinds of good kitty karma, Ancodia.

ancodia said...

:-) I added the 'Mr' part...he's actually Fluffy, 'cos Thimble didn't check to see if he was a boy or girl until he was almost a year old, and just assumed he was a girl. I like Mr Fluffy the best...I just couldn't remember his name, for whatever reason. What a nice cat; he didn't fuss, or anything. I am glad he's not going to get torn to shreds, or end up as a street pizza.