Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy, Happy Everything!

I am in an okay mood. I have to go do a family dinner thing in a bit. I went to feed Mehitabel; I saw no sign of her (and I looked), so I guess I will have to figure out where our new kitten-hiding spot is later. Bwaah.

Eviljob is in a corporate park-type area, and there are tons of trees and forest-stuff around. There's a cluster of kitties who live in the woods next to Eviljob, and I saw that one of them had been hit by a car. I don't see it often, but when I do it breaks my heart. Poor little bug. He was a shiny black cat, like my Squooshable. :-\ I couldn't bring myself to check its nose to see if it had a permanent scratch (and was therefore SquooshDaddy, whom I TNR'd in December, and then TR'd a few more times, once he realised he got fed and suffered no consequences), but it didn't look big enough to be for sure, and I knew that if I looked and it was, that I would be sobbing all day. I could let myself become very upset over this, but I won't. So I didn't check his nose. I decided against moving his body any more or taking it primarily out of fear of infection; he may have had something that made him wander out into the road or something, and I would be afraid that my cats might somehow get it, or other cats that I carried in my car (like Mehitabel & Co., fates willing). Plus the corporate park we are in removes stuff like that pretty regularly (we have squirrels that are hit *constantly*, and every so often a deer gets hit, too), so odds are it willbe gone on Monday. Plus, whomever hit him (or some kind soul who came after) had at least taken him out of the road and placed him in the grass by a bush. I stopped to make sure there was nothing that could be done (it had clearly happened several hours before at least, and he was obviously dead) and went on to tend Mehitabel & Co., and the cats that venture into the parking lot. When I say I feed Mehitabel, I always put stuff out for everyone. So everyone was fed. Almost.

Things are getting worse in this one practical-type class/seminar thing. I would go into it, but I would have to work too hard to come up with parallels.

Ok; back to the happy stuff; there are some really funny cat things here...I am having to tear myself away to go get ready for the famille-stuff.

Ok...time to go get dressed.

.

1 comment:

Smento said...

Happy Easter and happy Passover to you, Ancodia. Good luck with Squooshables and Co.!