Sunday, April 17, 2005

Down to the wire...

This just sucks. I now understand why people cheat. Why someone would go buy a term paper online...

I wish they made services that sold Magnificent Octopi.

I think they do it because they're drowning in crap handed to them by unreasonable, flaky, insane, dingbat people who are so badly wanting a severe thrashing that it defies description. People who couldn't do it themselves if they had to, but for whatever reason seem to have no problem dumping a mountain of work on others and then skipping merrily off, to hell with all of their responsibilities, literal, moral, or...any other kind. Because Responsibility is a dirty word, folks. It means you have to follow through, and be to people what you're supposed to be, and that...well, that's not *F*U*N*!

Goddamn straight I'm pissed. Death to the bunny-hugging "I so deeply feel for you, but I can't be bothered to help or even guide, 'cos it's bunny-hugger bingo night down at the hutch, but I know you'll be just fine, 'cos you're a superty-special person! Bye!" jackasses of the world.

This is kind of like a description Rush Limbaugh gave (god...I'm referencing Limbaugh...) while Terri Schiavo was starving to death. Felos was all bunny-hugging about how peaceful and beautiful it was in Terri's room (as she's starving to death, did I mention that?), where she had music playing (that her allegedly PVS ass can't hear as she's starving to death, did I mention that?), and she had stuffed animals (that her allegedly PVS ass can't appreciate, just like the music, while she's starving to death, did I mention that?), that her room is filled with flowers (that she can't see *or* smell, allegedly, as she is starving to death, did I mention that?), that she has every comfort known to Man, from a small cadre of Mormon Tabernacle Euthanasia Hummers to visits from goddamn Mickey Mouse (as she's starving to death, did I mention that?)... Bottom line is, it's all just so cutsey, sweet, and beautiful that we'd just all wanna go out and starve ourselves if we could see it. Which we can't.

I have gotta remember to put George Felos in charge of protecting my right to abortions if they ever get threatened; whereas someone like me just says "ok, maybe it's murder, maybe it isn't, but it's going to happen anyway, and if nothing else, Moms pay taxes and fetuses don't, so Moms get the Rights" (I know...not exactly soundbite-friendly), Felos could probably make a D&C sound like it's everyone's civic duty to have one. Plus it's blissful besides, I'm sure.

Or it will be once Felos gets to it.

Butsoanyway, Gush...I mean Rush points out that she's got the music, the stuffed animals, the flowers, the cartoon birdies sitting on her shoulders chirping her PVS ass into Valhalla...

Isn't that *just like* the Liberals, he asks.

Huh, thinks Ancodia, who has been of the opinion that if Liberals would quit bouncing and look long enough to realise that what's going on with Schiavo has nothing to do with euthanasia, nothing to do with abortion, nothing to do with Right To Die, To Live, To Sit On A Turnip, nothing to do, in fact, with any of their pet causes, that Liberals would agree with the Right for once that basically, unless someone *expressly* states otherwise, we need to try to save them.

"Huh?"

Isn't that JUST LIKE the liberals, Gush Phlegmball continues, that when you have someone who's DYING, they'll give them stuffed animals they can't feel, flowers they can't smell, music they can't hear--all according to what the Liberals say about Schiavo's PVS state--they'll give a person ALL THESE THINGS...with the exception of what they really need: Food and water. And it's ok in the Liberals' minds, because sure--you're being starved to death, but you have the squooshy toys, and the flowers, and don't forget the music. Anything that makes it LOOK better. Anything to not have to really *think*, to really have to weigh a moral decision...anything to just write out that check, stick it in the envelope, and assuage your guilt.

And I had to admit, he's right. We Liberals (yes, I consider myself a Liberal) are guilty as hell of that sort of thing. And not just about Schiavo. About damn near everything. We'll write checks, boycott Wal-Mart (and go around the corner to Target, until we hear about *their* heinous crimes against humanity, upon which we repair to CVS, or forget why we hated Wal-Mart, and go back there), toss a dollar at the Salvation Army bellringer every Christmas and consider our job Done. We're humane, and interested, and kind, and value life--and the quality thereof.

And then trot off to bunny-hugger bingo at the hutch.

Well, this typical Cali-Liberal horseshit is biting me in the ass. I ask for help, and I get pep-talks...as we're walking out the door. I ask for guidance, and I get a "what do you think?"' a "you're so smart and on top of it, that I couldn't do any more than you already have!". I ask for structure, and I get...unanswered email, broken promises, and usually a "you're doing so well on that, could you handle this for me, too?"

I'm up to *here* with it. And yes, I'm venting again...even though I swore I wouldn't. Even though I gave myself an attitude adjustment and decided to just ignore it. This is eating me up inside.

You can't let your kid eat chocolate cake all the time and never have a bedtime because it suits you best. You can't let them flail cluelessly at their homework because it's "a part of the learning process".

I mean, for chrissake, Cosby's joke about the negligent dad who, when left with the children, feeds them cake for breakfast because it contains "milk, flour, eggs..." is funny BECAUSE IT IS SO ABSURD TO BEND THE RULES TO THAT EXTREME JUST TO SUIT YOUR OWN AGENDA.

Some people don't get that, though. For some people, that's how they live their lives.

I feel sorry for anyone these people are in the position of "nuturer" for.

Including myself.

No comments: