Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Good Lord...

My brother just called--just now. He's at a convention in San Fransisco. My brother's married, three kids, professional career (ok, ok...he's a doctor; it's central to my point)...the whole deal. Wife & kids stayed back home, though. I'm sure that the only convention she'd be interested in is one that involved Pottery Barn. And only then if all of her friends were going, too.

He's drunk as a skunk, in some Irish bar.

Why'd he call? To give me An Important Message, of course.

The message?

"I'm drunk in a bar in San Fransisco, but I want you to know that...

::dramatic pause::

...the bunghole is secure!"

Jesus Christ...I am So Totally Certain that I am adopted.

You would think that someone who has seen people in such horrible conditions would have the damn common sense to not go out and get shitfaced in some strange city. He's probably driving, too. He's that way. Probably most Republicans are.

Great...one MORE thing to worry about.

No comments: