Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Return of the Puff-A-Lump

Well, Puff-Puff is back home. She looks awful--I'm not used to seeing her like this. But the vet said that once she starts eating and her fur grows back from being shaved from the IVs, she'll go back to normal. The main reason they let her come home is because she wasn't eating a lot there, and they're hoping she'll eat at home, so I guess that means that it's time for the spiral-cut, honey-baked ham. If that doesn't work, I'll know that something is wrong.

And I scheduled an app't on Thursday for my older cat. Now I just have to not chicken out.

Magnificent Octopus is (almost) a memory. Thank god. And then the rains came.

No, literally; it's raining.

I've got Puff resting in the bathroom, 'cos she's not supposed to be around other cats or running around in general for a few days. I think I want to take a nap. I came home early under the guise of taking care of Puff (she needs to be left alone and let to rest for a while; we talked all the way home, and then we cuddled for a while in the bathroom, but I can tell she's tired) 'cos I am just tired, too. Way too much has gone on in these past four months.

My sister wants to take a trip the week of (I think) the seventh, but I'm just not up to it. I need the rest. Also, I ended up paying out around $750 for Puff, so that's more than put the kibosh on my "mad money" for the month. Plus I may pay through the nose for my older cat. Plus I probably can't afford to leave Eviljob for a week right now, and need to do some serious catching up after focussing on Octopus. So, in sum, I can't play Nicky to her Paris at this moment. :-) And I know she's not happy about that, but eh. She'll cope. It's hard to go bopping from one poker tournament to the other when you have all of these mundane considerations. I'll have to remember to tell her that I bet that when Doyle Brunson was her age, he didn't have pets and a job. And a graduate program. And bills.

Well, bills that would go ignored because he had no winnings because he's a crap player, as I am.

Ok. Naptime.

No comments: