Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wowwy...

I'm now the proud owner of a Babys Anthology cd. :-) I got to Eviljob this morning, and it was on my desk. That was awfully sweet, even though I'm not sure I'm interested right at this time in listening to the whole thing; now that I know what the song is and have heard it, I'm back to looking fervently (in my spare five minutes each day) for my Ana Voog cd that I last saw probably a year ago, and think has been abducted by aliens. Ok, so I have the attention span of a gnat sometimes. Now I've got to find a way to surreptitiously repay him. I don't like actual presents from actual people. Prezzies from Eviljob are ok, but not from actual people.

So, I get to work and am all "awww..." over my cd, and ploop open the mail to find... Five different people complaing about something I wrote Sunday; one of them started sending me (personally, not our "reply to: " box that someone would've answered) emails with the jist of, "answer me now!"; "why haven't you answered?"; "I'm still waiting for an answer!"

Don't piss me off with that shit...

They're whining because it wasn't an answer that they liked. All of the complaints were essentially asking if I was sure. Ummm...yeah. I mean, there's stuff going on now at Eviljob at a national level that is a pain in the ass. No doubt about it. But just because it seems sometimes that everyone else is running around like a chicken with their head cut off doesn't mean you get to, also. Probably close to a year ago, a certain situation came up in one specific place, concerning a few specific people. Essentially, those people weren't doing their job(s). Period. The individuals concerned claimed confusion, when my take after many years there is that it was a case of laziness and convenience. Think of something like a rule at work--at far as Worklife is concerned, it's a Law--that says you have to wear your seatbelt, and you have to make employees with you buckle up, too. Ok, some weren't using their hypothetical seatbelts, and telling others they didn't have to either. They got away with it for a while, a couple more at their facility joined them, and then they got busted. So it was announced--nationally, in no uncertain terms (think of like a special case addendum to a charter) that Such Shall Not Be.

Fast-forward to now, when there's been a little upheaval, a few changes, and some people ask "do we gotta do it still? huh? do we?" Just some now--those that I think (even though I don't know most of them) of as, forgive me, fuck-offs. All in all, most people of our type at Eviljob are hardworking, enthusiastic even though we don't want to be, and follow Eviljob policies, even when we know no one's looking. But there's always a few, you know?

So I replied politely that nothing has changed; were something to change, then such notice would be explicitly given, not left to assumption. And, in case anyone has been asleep for the past year (no, I didn't really say that...), National's policy for X is yadda yadda, communicated in blah, blah, and can be found in woof woof. It expressly states that there are no existing exceptions, and none will be considered. This is a decision at the Nat'l Director level, and if you don't like it, burn up their inbox, not ours. But until they say it has changed, there is no change. Get it? Got it? Good.

Ok, so I was significantly more polite at the end. I even thanked them for their cooperation.

Butsoanyway.

Ok, so I empowered them. I told them what it was, where to find it, and committed myself to the solidity of the decision. I told them how to look for, recognise, and even attempt to bring about, changes to this Decree. So what's with the "are you sure"? Ummm...did I sound uncertain? Whiny dorks. And of course, since it's on a distribution list, this one doof can't do this to the appropriate box where just anyone might have to deal with his issues--no...he has to send it to Ancodia. Who, praise the Lucky Bufus Buddah Frog, is off from Eviljob on Mondays.

I just replied--to EVERY SINGLE EMAIL HE'D SENT, cc'd his manager on each of them, and told him that yes, I'm still 100% positive, and to please in the future direct clarification questions to the appropriate channel so that they may be addressed as quickly as possible.

Take that, foo.

It may sound bitchy, but you'd have to be there. Next thing you know, he'd be saying that because "we" (Ancodia) didn't get back to him, he assumed that meant it didn't apply to him, or we weren't sure...whatever. Or something even more retarded. It's happened before.

Some people will do anything to get themselves out of trouble; I have literally received calls, email, you name it, from people who are actually like, "I'm deciding whether to initiate disciplinary action against Billy Joe Jim Bob over Cause X, and Billy Joe's telling me that you (me), Team A (us), or whomever, said he should go do what we're disciplining him over. Did you guys really (say, write, finger-sign, indicate by semaphore) that Billy Joe should do X?"

So far, every single time, the answer's been...::drum roll::...NO. And a couple of times, I have desperately wanted to ask why they even wasted the time calling or emailing, because the claim is so very totally ludicrous. I mean, we're talking the kind of special they hold Olympics for.

It's the total crap drama, whining, bureaucracy, and all that makes me dread going in to Eviljob most days. Well...that and the silliness. I don't mean like silly ha-ha, I mean silly like, "let's wear roller skates to work to improve morale" shit.

Yes, that's a real suggestion. We have even stupider ones (I think stupider is for sure a word), some of which have even been put into action. Someday I'll tell you about the dressing up in camouflage, and how Ancodia came thisclose to getting written up over her perverted sense of humour, and how she's since learnt to shut the hell up and just giggle to herself.

Butsoanyway.

My mother and I had a fight last night; she's Perpetually Pissed Off at me because I don't believe that she does as she should. She had laser eye surgery last week, and refuses to put the three different drops in her eye four times a day, as she should; she manages maybe once a day, because it is "such a bother to have to wait five minutes in-between drops". I swear to god...she drives me batshit. Going blind (or whatever) is easier, maybe? Anyway, she decided to try to be as hurtful as possible. I don't really care; I know she prefers my sister over me, and I know why. So I just stayed quiet until she was finished with her tirade; she hates that. But this is an aspect of her personality that my father just couldn't stand--she honestly thinks she is in some way immunised against Bad Things. I'm amazed she's made it to live this long. If I believed in god, I'd hold that fact up as proof of his benevolence towards the pious, children, and dumb animals, though I won't speculate as to which category Mom would fit best into. :-)

It's because I'm kind like that. :-)

Anyway...

As of tomorrow, it's crunch time with Magnificent Octopus. Time to play St. Elmo's Fire.

No, not the Brian Eno one...the other one!

Christ...ok...how about Rock and Roll, Pt 2?

wtf? How can I not have either?!? That's freaking unamerican.

Doesn't matter. It's Crunch Time!

I'm on the home stretch. I can make it happen. Here we go, 'Codia, here we go ::clap, clap::!

Go Ancodia, it's your birfday, go Ancodia, it's your birfday!!

Oh, I hate it when I pep talk myself. I mean...I know I'm faking.

Sigh.

No comments: