Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ummm... yay.

It's done.

Magnificent Octopus is done.

Unless, of course, certain people decide that it needs to be wholly rewritten. Again. That thought makes me cringe, but I doubt she'd pull that shit. And, for the record, I didn't end up including anything half-assed, like The Chapter That Doth Not Existe, or any of the "What do we mean by mean? What do we mean by know? What do we mean by what?" crap that certain others who had input to...well, input did...uhhh...input.

Yeah, that.

I just don't go for that kind of mental masturbation crap. It doesn't impress me. But The Gottverdammter Ruck I think got through grad school (and middle school, and high school, and undergrad also, probably) by throwing that crap out, is the impression I get. It's this pathetic all-flash, no-substance show of what-we-think-others-will-think-is intellectual prowess. And I'm especially piqued at The Gottverdammter Ruck right now, because not all that long ago, a girl I like (I guess she counts as a school-friend) came to a meeting that he was at, and he completely put her down and was unnecessarily short with her to the point of being rude, which put me in the position of having to choose to abandon her and let him have at her, or defend her, and get into a disagreement with a panel member, and someone I have to see regularly. I resented that.

Of course I chose to defend her. Just call me SuperAncodia, Defender of The Wide-Eyed. Which she sort-of was. I mean, she didn't expect Gottverdammter Ruck to act the way he did. but that's another story. Since then we've butted heads a few times, and it matters less to me once I reconciled the fact that I don't care what he thinks. And he doesn't really lay into me per se, I think because when I do speak up, he's, well, surprised.

But in short, I only have one member in my panel that is normal. Teach me to just barrel into commitments like I did this one. I ended up with a doll-baby, a flake, and a Gottverdammter ruck. After I mailed Octopus off, my one normal member sent a really nice email back, one that was very praising. I hope I have merited it.

Probably not.

2 comments:

Smento said...

Congratulations on your completion of the Octupus! I'm sure it's spectacularly magnificent. Rock and Roll Grammarian raises her glass of chocolate soy milk in your honor.

ancodia said...

{{{{{{{{Samantha}}}}}}}}}

Thank you! Now I just have to get through one more week of school, catch up on everything I haven't done (like work in all of my other classes), and hope my cat is ok. :-\ Oh...and fight for my right to *not* walk. :-) I figure there's no point, because I wouldn't want to wreck my advisor's weekend (I'm sure it would be a pain for her to attend for one reason or the other), and I'm in another program already, and will save walking for that one. If I ever finish. :-)

I hope your finals are all smooth sailing!!