Monday, April 25, 2005

I have always relied upon...

The kindness of people who feel sorry for me because my advisor is a flake. Due date was today, but not for me; I called the editor to see if it could at all be squished to like, 8am or something, and she gave me until noon tomorrow. Why? Well...let's just say that a certain group has noticed a certain other group that all seem to be (1) originating from the same source, (2) very confused, and (3) working totally on their own. Gee. Describes me, don't it?

Hmmm.

I'm plotting my liberation, fear not.

On the up side, I did find this cool-ass Word-to-.pdf converter, and it's free, if you're willing to put up with advertisements. And the better news is, if you don't want the adverts, it's only $19.99. Yeppers, twenty dollars. .pdf thingy

That rocks.

Puff is still at the vet's; he wanted to keep her an extra day to be on the safe side. I like him, though this is getting expensive. Not that I wouldn't pay it, or resent paying it, or anything. I just inherited the propensity for "crying the poormouth", as my concussed mother terms what my father does. From my perspective, if I don't act frugually most of the time, then everyone comes around needing to borrow money, which they do anyway, so I don't know why I bother.

And boy, is she bruised. Miraculously, despite the bruising all around her eye, she didn't undo her laser surgery. Talk about dumb luck. If it were me, I'd be permanently blinded right now.

Ok, back to work.

One more thing: Mom said that "if anyone sees me, they're going to think that someone popped me in the eye!" And I thought, "only unless it's someone who knows you, then they might think you've been popped in the eye, but they'd understand the one who did it!" Ok, I didn't say that...I commiserated, in the heartfelt way. Geez...it's not easy being clumsy *and* vain...

No, I didn't say that, either. And I mean it in a loving way. Well, as loving a way as one can mean something like that, assuming that's a deserved sentiment. And it is.

Ok. Back to work.

No comments: