Monday, September 18, 2006

and all the love, and all the love in the world...

Yes, so I am a very depressing little girl. :-) We knew this.

Okay, so I am working, overduedly, when Harry phones me to say that he is at PetsMart, and someone has just dumped off three kittens that the manager thinks are about one or two WEEKS old.

Yes, I said WEEKS. WEEKS. As in not months; WEEKS.

They were going to get Animal Services to come pick them up (and kill them--AS doesn't attempt to handle any animal so young that it cannot immediately be put up for adoption), but Harry told them I would take them (!!!), and so they donated a couple cans of KMR (how very, very sweet!), because they didn't *want* to call Animal Services.

...like they had to last week for a litter of five tiny ones that were dumped off there that no one would take before they closed. :-(

And then I thought for a second and realised that *I* would starve them to death, 'cos there is no way in hell I could feed them regularly enough with the way my schedule is right now. So I phoned Chrissy and Bonnie, and Chrissy phoned me back first. She said she has good luck with tiny kittens, and just picked up some KMR herself, so I got Harry to drop them off to her and I just have to meet her later in the week to give her some money for these guys.

BWAAH!

Well, at least three more have life. Hopefully it will be a good life.

And then Bonnie phoned and told me about a sale on traps out in the boondocks that I may try to hit tomorrow if I can squeeze the time out (heh), and she offered to tell L (I haven't even mentioned the weirdness that is going on with *her* yet) that Cookie and Rhett Butler are hers (Bonnie's), to get her to take them and put them up for adoption.

I didn't realise how political all this stuff is, but here is the deal in Reader's Digest Version: L is the five-oh-whatever charity thingy thing; Bonnie and Chrissy are only two of her foster moms (therefore, I am actually abusing the crap out of them since they are just ladies like I am with no particular non-profit superpowers, but at least I give them money and stuff, plus I didn't know the difference until around last month sometime--before that, I thought that both Bonnie and Chrissy were rescue people like L). Only L has a really bad habit of putting animals (especially cats/kittens) out for fostering and never taking them back--that's how Chrissy ended up with a house full of sixty cats and kittens at one point. So Chrissy and L have had a little falling-out (can you blame Chrissy? I wrote about the straw that broke the ChrissyCamel's back here), and then L popped up with--check this out--a HUMMER.

I so totally should *not* be talking about all of this, so I am going to back off the details a little. But I mention the car 'cos this was during the same period of time that Chrissy was trying to pay off $1,500 to Dr Superhero for all the fostering she has done...for L.

Now, I am a little bit of a materialistic girl, sure. I'm also an honest girl; I will *admit* that I am a little consumer-oriented (that's such a nicer word than materialistic). But I am also a LOYAL and HONEST girl; if I tell you that I need you to do X, but I will pay you Y, and it will end on Date Z, then I *do* that. Or tell you why I cannot, and tell you that I will be paying you Y + A, and the new projected end date is Z + B. Or *something*--I don't just stop answering when you telephone me, which is what I am told Lisa did. And NO WAY IN HELL would I leave someone with *my* bills to foot when I am out buying a Hummer. I mean, having to buy a new car because yours broke down is one thing...but a HUMMER?? And L's car *didn't* break down--she is still using the same car to go to adoption sites, and I know 'cos I have *seen* it still. Plus, L doesn't work. Who will be making the payments on that Hummer? I'm thinking the same thing Chrissy is thinking: That Hummer is being paid for by the money that *isn't* going to Dr Superhero (or reimbursing Chrissy) for all of those spays, neutering, tests, and emergency surgeries that Chrissy paid for (and Bonnie, and a few more foster moms out there). Oh, no--fuck that shit. If I were Chrissy, I would be pissed, too. And if you asked me to friendly-up a litter of kittens and you would pick them up in a month and then you didn't? Hoo-buddy, would I be pissed off. Especially if I did all this at my own expense, and then you kept screwing me over--I'd go burn down your god damned Hummer.

Seriously.

Unless there were kitties in it, or something, I mean. Then I'd just slit the fucking tires and pour nail polish remover and coffee grounds in your gas tank. And salt. And maybe marshmallows. And whatever else I could find in my purse that I didn't want anymore. And I have a really big purse that's just full of stuff I don't need; I mean, I can always buy more tampons, right? Right! :-)

Not that I am vindictive, or anything; let's just say that I have a highly-developed sense of Justice. Yeah.

Ok--now I *really* have to get back to work.

Oh--and--in fairness, no; I have not seen L's Hummer personally myself. She has only had it for a couple of months, and does not take it to her adoption sites. But Chrissy drove out to L's farm when she heard about it and Chrissy says she saw it herself, and I believe Chrissy; she's not the type to lie. Plus, she was told about it by another one of L's foster homes who was also pissed off about it, and that's how she heard about it in the first place.

.

2 comments:

Blog Boy said...

Nice article!!!!good way of represnting..

Smento said...

"let's just say that I have a highly-developed sense of Justice."

Love it. I'm so glad the little ones have a home for now. Good work.