Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Acuras, Fire, and Dangerous Things

Someone I know had their car stolen! Eep! He counts as a "someone I know" because he's technically way-very over me, and can't be a friend (even a hyphenated one), or a drinking buddy, or anything like that. But we talk a lot on and off, and I've known him for years, so...I'm shocked for him. It was (sigh...was...I'm hoping he gets it back, but for now, it's a was) an Acura, and he asked me if I'm familiar with them, or something to that effect. I just *know* that a strange look came over my face.

Can't help it. I have fond memories of one particular Acura. And the guy who drove it. Sorry; can't even *think* about the car without...

Sigh.

Why'd I dump him again? Oh, yeah...he turned out to be married. He did get divorced shortly after, and kept calling me for months, but it was the not-telling-me-in-the-first-place thing that was a little...ummm...insurmountable. I'd never have done something like that otherwise.

No, really.

But damn, that was a fun few months. It's true--all the good ones actually *are* married or gay. It's also true that if they'll do it with you, they'll do it *to* you; Ancodia's not a dumb girl.

Well, not all the time.

Usually.

And yes, he did give me a home phone number (to his friend's apartment, where he moved once he actually moved out of his house), and yes, he did take me over there and said he lived there. So I'm not *completely* stupid--I looked for the obvious stuff. He was just un-obviously sneaky.

I had to put Squoosh up 'cos he was going crazy...he gets in these total Murder Death Kill modes where I feel like I've stuck my hand, foot, or all of the above into a pool of piranha. It's like having a tiny little black tasmanian devil zipping around my extremities, all claws and sharp teeth. Augh.

On the up-side, I've learnt how to walk on one foot. It's useful to know for when the other one is busy being killed.

I swear...he's like a tiny little Squoosh landmine--take a step, and it's tasmanian piranha devil city. Bwaah!

-----------
P.S.: If you're out there reading this, give the damn car back, you creep. You took it from a really wonderful person, and that makes you Scum.

5 comments:

Smento said...

To this I say: What an asshole. Maybe the wedding ring is an outdated convention, but damn it, it's a useful convention. Grrr. Men (and women) like that burn me up.

ancodia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ancodia said...

Absolutely... I understand the
"I'm unhappy" part; I understand the "I'm leaving my wife" part. I don't understand the "I'm not going to tell Ancodia, and just pretend I'm single already" part. That one mystified me. Still does. Nice guy, though.

Somewhere deep down.

I think.

Smento said...

Screw that. Nice guys don't lie. They don't lie out-right, and they don't lie by omission. *bludgeons Acura man with imaginary heavy object*

ancodia said...

lol! I just saw that last comment... You're right, I know. :-) I just sometimes wonder if guys are afraid their union card will get revoked if they don't lie.

It has to be *something* like that; they just do it so damn much.

What sucks most is that I actually was starting to be in love with him. It made for one chillingly lonely and long drive home when I found out, That's one thing I'll not be forgetting anytime soon.

And I did learn that if I ever get married, I'm tattooing his ring finger. :-) If he doesn't like it, he can keep the damn band on. :-D