Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Isabella

Son-friend has named the new kitten Isabella. Needless to say, Isabella is a girl. She was very hostile at first, but she's warmed up. Tuna has that effect. :-)

Now I just have to catch the rest.

Today, when I came out of Eviljob I left by the far door (where the kittens are, which is why I hadn't seen them), and they were out under a car with Momcat. I didn't see the black-and-white one, just the remaining two black ones. I didn't think they'd fall for the same trick that allowed me catch Isabella, so I just put food out for them and left. I will try again this weekend, I guess. Maybe sooner if they seem catchable. I'm not sure what I can do about Momcat--she's pretty hostile. Perhaps, if I put food out for them the next few days, they'll become accustomed to seeing me. Then I will try a trail of tuna into a large cat carrier on Saturday and see how that goes.

Also needless to say is the fact that everyone at Eviljob thinks I'm batshit.

This doesn't bother me very much. I think--my take, at least--is that I've had the reputation of a "weird egg" there for a while. It's because I'm not doing (career-wise) what I'm "supposed" to be doing for the most part. But a lot of the stuff I've done has earned "eccentricity points", I guess; I've gotten national recognition for a few things (this comes with cash, trips, and/or prezzies, depending on the circumstances). Regardless, I guess this is one more for the list. :-)

And I'd not meant to stay up so late, but I got busy reading something, and let time (and this post) slip away from me. Time to get some sleep, finally.

2 comments:

Smento said...

Well, *I* think those "eccentricity points" are "cool points." Good luck with the kittens and mama cat!

ancodia said...

Awww... thank you!