Monday, June 06, 2005

PicaKitty

Well, I have just dosed Squoosh again--this is his third dosing since the barffest, and he's not barfed again, plus he's poopied a lot. I'm fairly convinced it was the dental floss.

He's doing great; he wants out. Every time I open the bathroom door, he tears out of there at the Speed of Squoosh (that's pretty fast, considering you're a tiny little cock-headed beast) and heads straight for the big cats' food bowl. He's not hard to catch. :-) He goes there, and puts as many pieces of the big cats' food into his mouth as he can manage before I come collect him (only one or two pieces--we have a tiny little Squooshmouth), and then he eats the pieces of food on my chest as I carry him back to the bathroom.

Silly Squooshable.

Contrary to what he thinks, I'm *not* starving him to death. When I found him, he weighed just under a pound; two weeks later, he weighed *two* pounds. That's one whole pound in two weeks! I mean, that's a walk in the park for me, but it's a huge growth spurt for a kitten! And one week later (yesterday), he weighed two pounds, five ounces. He just might hit three pounds by his checkup on Friday at this rate! He said he votes that I should feed him more, but I just told him that he doesn't get a vote, because he eats dental floss. People in this house who eat dental floss forfeit voting rights. Those are my rules.

He just looked at me with that owl-like little cocked head that he turns completely upside down as if it were nothing (yes--jaw almost pointing at the ceiling sometimes!) and told me that he's been reading about democracy, and I'm doing this wrong.

After he fulfills his six book obligation, I'm cancelling his membership in the book club.

Damn business reply cards.

No comments: