Sunday, June 19, 2005

Goth Emo Punk! NIP! NR!

Lord...

Why is it that everything on eBay is labelled "Goth," "Emo," or "Punk" anymore? Or worse yet, all three at once. Great Aunt Edna's selling her Goth Emo Punk hand-crocheted afghan--you know, the one with all of those goth emo punk daisies on it?

Sigh.

Or, better yet, a set of collectors' goth emo punk Mary Engelbreit teapots.

Or goth emo punk cookbooks from the Ladies' Auxiliary.

I tell you, some days I could go on a Foamy rant at the drop of a hat. It might be PMS. I want to put up my own auction, for a haunted painting of a goth emo punk grilled cheese sandwich with the face of the Virgin staring at a ghost in a jar that is looking at a cheeto.

Or maybe I could unload my last two bars of goth emo punk Asscheeks of Death. I think I'd get bidders if I put it that way.

I really want to know what goes on here--do people *actually* go on to eBay and type in the search term "Goth," "Emo," or "Punk"? Or all three? "Man...I'm such a gothemopunk, I'd better *only* search for things that are gothemopunk! Look! A gothemopunk teapot collection! It's MINE! Looky! A gothemopunk afghan! I am *so* THERE!!"

I just wonder about these things.

Isabella and Mistar (that's his name) are great; son-friend is feeding them a can of cat food a day, plus all the doggie treats they can handle (son-friend has two dogs, and a cat that thinks it's a dog). Mistar is called this because he is black, with two little wispy white four-point stars--one one his chest, and one on his tum; they're not full blocks of colour, just areas where some of his fur is black, and some white. :-) And he has white fur in his ears, not black. He's quite handsome. Isabella looks a lot like Squoosh--just no head tilt, and with a tail. They are going to a pet rescue group soon. This is a good thing; the PRG will sell them so that bad people don't get them. Or, that screens the bad people out at least as much as most anything would.

Well, *I* can't keep them...and it's better than growing up in a parking lot.

I'd better get to sleep. I'm getting cranky. I stayed up long after I'd started this post, reading this: Ad Graveyard

No comments: