Sunday, June 12, 2005

Tiny Squooshables, all in a row

I found the rest of the litter. There are three more black kittens like Squooshable, and one black-and-white kitten. Well, they all have tails (whereas Squooshable has a stub), but otherwise, they look just like him. I saw them as I left Eviljob. I carry cat food in my car, so I tried to lure them and Momcat so that I could catch them.

I only got one.

I tried for two hours after I got off, until the sun set and I couldn't see them anymore. They're hiding in the thick shrubberies in the big parking lot outside of Eviljob, and they're faster than I am. One lady I work with who reminds me of Mrs Santa Claus wanted Squoosh, but I was already in love with him. Hopefully she'll take the one I just got today. I'll try to get the others, but I don't know how successful I'll be--they're very wild. I took the one I did get over to stay with son-friend and his roommate. He'll treat it well, and I didn't really have anywhere else to put it; I can't put it in my other bathroom, since I'd open that door too often, especially since I can't keep Squoosh company by showering and brushing my teeth in his bathroom any more. Well, I still shower in there most mornings so that we can have at least a modicum of foot MDK time each day, but I can't do my teeth in there, 'cos he eats the damn dental floss. And I couldn't put Squoosh and the new kitten together because I don't know for sure that the new kitten is disease-free.

So the second Squooshable (I'll let Mrs Claus name him or her) is ok. And my Squoosh is ok. Lonely, 'cos he wants me to play with him but I am waiting for Scooter to email corrections to me for a paper, but ok. I made sure son-friend gave the new kitten tons of food and water. It's not friendly yet, but it probably will get friendly; Squoosh is a people-person, and it's hard to imagine the others could be too different. I guess Dr Vet was right; he'd said that either Squoosh was a litter of one, or Momcat had voted him off of the island because of how infected his ear was (it really stank when I found him; I thought at first that he was just dirty and smelly). If where I saw the litter is where Squoosh came from, Momcat went out of her way to take him as far away as possible. :-(

"Your ear smells. You are the weakest link. Goodbye. Go sit on a tire."

And he did. What a good little Squooshable baby. :-( I'm so glad he's friendly, and that he said hi to me...

No comments: