Monday, July 24, 2006

all good things...



Well, since Blogger for whatever reason decided to not post what I’d written on Saturday morning, here goes:

The Squooshable Factory What Hates Me

Today i rounded the corner at Eviljob and came thisclose to Mehitabel,who was just as surprised as i was. She crouched down, glared, andhissed at me. I wanted to try to pet her, or be friendly, orsomething, but she was clearly terrified at being so close to the velociraptor, so i walked on.  She looked quite healthy, though.

Okay, so now on to the present.

Saturday, I left Eviljob at the regular time, but ended up talking in the parking lot for almost four hours with a few different people, but primarily one person.  In addition to being a really cool, intense, and cathartic conversation, it was fun.  Both of us kept thinking that we weren’t going to be much longer, else we’d have gone somewhere for a cup of coffee or something.  So we watched the sun set, and I got to see my Furry Feral Family go eat for once.  I still haven’t heard back from the apartment complex, and the last time I went by, I was assured that they would phone me.  

Okay, fine.  There is only so much that I can do.  

But it was really nice to just do nothing and forget about the time, to relax and completely focus on someone else…to just enjoy the sunset.  Even if it was at Eviljob, which sounds kind of weird and freaky, unless you remember that Eviljob is off in this corporate park sort of area that has lakes, forest, landscaping, and so on.  Considering all that, it can be very pretty.  Well…in its own way.  

So we stayed out in the back lot and talked for decades, which actually isn’t an everyday occurrence for me.  Here I was saving up all my talking for my shopping adventure with Betty coming up next Thursday, or yapping on about nothing here.  The last time I got to spend time with another person not accomplishing anything was…well…what year is this again?  And it was also nice to see all the cats I am supporting.  :-)  Mehitabel came out, and I saw several of the boys, so I know that they are all okay.  The boys usually stay pretty hidden, as does Mehitabel anymore.  :-)  And I did get told that I am not a ‘crazy cat lady’ type, which is good, I guess.  I think that was supposed to have been a compliment.  

Butsoanyway.

Today—Sunday—wasn’t too awful, either; I met Harry & girlfriend (I’ll get around to naming her, I swear) for lunch, and then went to the outlet mall with Meg for a couple specific things, but mainly to just wander around.  She changed her trip (again) and is leaving next week to go back to Vegas, and then on to the stuff at the Bike in LA; for the past two week, I had thought that she was going to leave last Thursday, but she says that she changed it and told me right after she came back last time.  Who knows?  I wish that I could go, but I cannot.  Oh, well.  

Last week I did manage to get something pretty major accomplished at Job II, and I even had some help…go figure.  I did get a little bit annoyed that one reference, which was a You All Must Read This-type of reference, was one that I ended up assimilating and etc., because apparently no one else could have been bothered to actually read it, but I am not going to bitch and whine about that; in the grand scheme of things, it’s very minor—what counts is that what we accomplished did in fact get accomplished.  And autumn is coming up.  And the holiday season.  And I could buy a spiffy five-year pocket calendar and not be finished using it by the time I am done here and leave.  I have to keep remembering these things.  

Maybe I *will* buy a spiffy five-year pocket calendar.  

.

No comments: