Sunday, July 09, 2006

Crap!

No Mehitabel. We looked, waited, and called for a few hours. After a
while, I decided to get creative, and so I drove all around the
industrial park. When that turned up nothing, I branched out to the
ancient patch of really icky housing on the other side of the business
centre (where a child told me that, for the low price of ten dollars,
she would tell me who my boyfriend or husband was
visiting...wonderful. What a charming little girl), where I saw an
adult who looked like my Squoosh (that was who I had been looking at
when I was propositioned). So next I tried the newer apartment next
to the scuzzy homes, where I saw a kitten--about 3 or 4 months old,
trying to catch a lizard. It was thin and scraggly-looking, and
obviously hungry, so I fed it. It ate a huge amount, and i tried to
approach it three or four times, but it would run away. I spoke with
one girl who lives there, and she said there are a bunch of cats and
kittens there. So i guess tomorrow i will see if the complex might be
amenable to my setting out traps. Or something. I don't know yet.
AUGH! More cats in need of help. Damn it. This is going to drive me
insane. Gah!

No comments: