Monday, December 26, 2005

It’s TV’s fault why I am this way…


Today I wanted to go catch a sale or twenty, but failed.  There is always something else to do.  I was waiting at home, doing housework drudgery-stuff whilst waiting for Chrissy to phone me back, and then I gave up and *then* she phones.  Typical.

Butsoanyway.

So today was the first day in a long time that I have actually had nothing to do.  In a way.  In reality, I have more clogging my drain than I can think about without starting to twitch, but today I could have had almost all day off everything and no one would have noticed.  I should have gone and gotten drunk, or huffed some laundry detergent when I had the chance.  

:-)  

Tomorrow I will set my trap, get another trap from Chrissy and give it to Son-Friend.  He has apartment-guests right now, and let me know that he really resents this intrusion on his schedule.  His “guests” are this man and lady for whom he used to work; they are basically nice people for the most part, as long as you watch them.  I usually do that Al Pacino “I’m watching you” manoeuvre whenever I need to leave the room.  And exit backwards.  They used to live here and manage a company, but then they quit and moved to go be freaky in the Ozarks or something like that, and they’ve come back to visit friends (with whom I am numbered, peculiarly enough, and we are meeting tomorrow night over trivia).  They have been together for like, twenty years, or thereabouts; they would be married but they’re ultra-modern (if you are stuck in 1978) “swingers”.  Lordy.  

In all truth, despite my liberal attitudes towards a vast number of things, I really thought that term had been retired for its own sake, but apparently not.  I do not think Son-Friend is doing anything freaky with them, but I also do not care enough to ask.  Why?  Ummm…because some things are better left un-thought-about.  No, rilly.  Trust me.  

He&She (I’m just going to refer to them collectively in a singular way, ‘cos I am obnoxious like that) are I think in their fifties and seem to be to be generally nice people…just weird.  And I will hang around if it is just the She part of He&She, but I prefer to drift over to the other side of the Petri dish if the He of He&She is there.  He kind if gives me the creeps, frankly.  The woolly eeky spider creeps.  It isn’t pretty.  I think he has cooties, maybe.  

Well, maybe.  

So I told Son-Friend to suck it up and set the trap I am going to be giving him, else I’d sneak over there and put alum in the bath and ruin EVERYONE’S New Year’s Eve celebration.  

I am such a bitch like that.  :-D

In truth, I am kidding…He&She are going to a sort-of local swingers’ club for NYE and Son-Friend told me that they’d invited him, but he declined ‘cos he did not want to go (all joking aside, I know for a fact he has no interest in that sort of thing) but told them that he has to watch G-F of S-F’s daughter’s baby (the illegitimate one from the biker).  And the She of He&She hates children.  S-F knows this, but the truth is that he *does* have to watch Damien (I’m just going to name that little bundle of joy Damien Thorne right now and get it over with.  Let the chorus of Rectus Dominus begin, baby), ‘cos Damien’s mother has to go out and party like it’s 1999.

Or whatever.  

So what was I saying?  Let me scroll up and check…

Oh, yeah.  What I am doing tomorrow.  Well, I am doing Eviljob, trap shit, and then shopping!  YAY!  Shopping!  Woo-hoo!  

Okay, I am better now.  

‘cos then, after shopping, I have to go help Mummers buy a laptop (this is such a long story that I wouldn’t know where to start on it right now), and then I have to check the Eviljob trap and then go play trivia with Son-Friend and The Swingers (now if that isn’t a damn fine band name, I just don’t know what is).  And, with my luck, probably Girl-Friend of Son-Friend to boot.  And Damien.  Okay, okay—I know Damien will not be there, but my point is…

And I have a project that I have to complete by the beginning of next semester.  I need to work that in this week somehow.  I think perhaps I can get four volunteers tomorrow.  

:-D  I am resourceful like that.

So I am cutting out and going to bed early, I think.  Tomorrow is going to be busy.

It is old, but does this stick in your head, or what?  Roll over and click everything.


No comments: