Friday, December 09, 2005

No Eggnogs Were Harmed in the Making of This Post

Well, one down. And I already know that I did well! Woof! I was finishing (the lastliest, as practically always) whilst our department party was starting below; my prof waited patiently for a long time, and then finally said, “You know, you don’t have to put so much into it; you already have an A.”

:-D

So I finished my sentence (I would lose sleep if I hadn’t), and handed it in. I went downstairs with him, said hi to everyone, and left after about thirty minutes because I had to run errands.

Before I went to the bank, I listened to my Inner Voice and swung by Eviljob to feed the cats and maybe see if I could grab one. As I am waiting to count heads, a man comes up to me and asks if I am feeding them, or trying to catch them; I told him I was trying to do both. He said that he catches Eviljob cats, too! He has caught about eight so far; four he kept, and one he placed. The other three he had to re-release at Eviljob after he got them neutered, ‘cos he couldn’t keep or place them. And—the best news is that one of the cats he has is Mr Peabody!!!!! Yay! Mr Peabody has been MIA from Eviljob for a few months now, and I have missed him. He was a nice little guy, and I am *so* happy to hear that he has a home! Although Mr Peabody’s name is Shadow now. Oh, well—he will always be Mr Peabody to me! :-)

Butsoanyway.

So we talked for a little bit, and he said that he would help me try to get Momcat & Co., but he wasn’t optimistic about Momcat, at least—he said that he has tried to catch her before with no luck. But we will try. So this is wonderful! I had no idea someone else was trying to catch them, and I am really REALLY thrilled to find out that Mr Peabody and the other orange cat (as well as the others) now have a nice home and didn’t get killed, which is what I had thought happened.

So then I went to the bank, picked up my car (finally!), turned in the loaner, and went to get stuff to make eggnog balls for tomorrow’s party.

Yes, usually they are snipped off free-range eggnogs in the forest, but you can also make them. I did not have time to go traipsing around the Eggnog Forest with a pair of scissors.

Giggle.

Then I had to go shopping for presents for the gift exchange…how this became my job, I do not know. Well…it became my job because I like to shop and cook when I have the free time, and the other person involved doesn’t like to do either. :-) That’s how. I also do not mind wrapping presents, but one of the stores at the mall is having a big sale tomorrow, so I will take them back there to get wrapped and give some money to whatever group is doing the wrapping this year…Tibetans for a Free Hollywood, or whoever.

I can just see the little Buddhists now… “No, please…help us make a difference and let us wrap your present! Your donation will go to our fund to make them less vain, self-centred, and addicted both to plastic surgery, and opening their mouths about things they know nothing about! If we can make enough for plane fare, we could have Richard Gere out of our country in no time!”

:-) Well, who could say no to that proposal? Maybe they’ll even have on antlers, or something for atmosphere.

So my car is mostly ok I think. And I have to start on the eggnog balls. And do something to my hair. And kiss Squooshable; he has been trying to get my attention since I got online to make sure my *other* end-of-semester stuff went off okay. And I am going to put on Christmas carols—one of the radio stations here is playing them 24/7 now; on the way to pick up my car today, I whistled Sleigh Ride in memory of Puff-Puff. It was nice though…not sad; it was missing her in a good way. We had good times, and this is my first Christmas without the little girl in a very long time. :-\

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news about the kitties. Great work, both of you!

Also, I just failed to stifle a loud, explosive laugh upon reading about those virile young Eggnogs in the Eggnog Forest. Now my co-workers will think I'm crazy, and it's all your fault. ;-)

Smento said...

Er, that was me, Samantha. Please talk among yourselves while I search for my marbles.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so far behind in my blog-reading, it's pathetic! I'm all caught up now.

I am so very glad that you've got some help, finally, on the kitty-catching project. My heart's really gone out to you and to those little felines as I've read about the situation.\

*wanders off, imagining eggnogs with falsetto voices...*

--ScottJ