Monday, December 19, 2005

Three steps to a Perfect Holiday Season

Hmmm…where to start?

The trap is out, and I will go check it in a few hours; this time, I have sprinkled some catnip around it as well as put stinky tuna in there as a lure.  Damn it, Mehitabel…go in there!  I know you want it, and you know you want it; let’s quit playing games, shall we?

This morning as I went to clean, I found that *someone* had chewed two corners off my new Mr Clean sponge-thing.  I think it was Squooshable.  Though I do not know when he did it, the little wiener.  

Bwaah!

And Dr Detroit seems to be a little sedate.  So I am also watching him to see if he has another respiratory infection, or something.  Dr Vet said that, as he is ageing he may well start having them more often.  Otherwise, he is in excellent health for the most part.  

Butsoanyway…

I guess tomorrow, after I get off Eviljob, I will sit my happy ass down and write the final two paragraphs of my Thingy.  It is overdue, but was mainly delayed when Mummers decided to have a heart attack, then I had everything else come due, and could not finish.  

Until now.  At this point, having it unfinished is bordering upon just plain indolence.  

So:  (1) Catch Mehitabel; (2) finish Thingy; (3) shop more.  

I have it all planned out.  :-)  

4 comments:

Smento said...

Your patience with Momcat is astounding, madam. Maybe she should live with you after she's been deemed healthy and all that? I mean, I suspect that after all this you'll have earned more respect than most bipeds get from felines.

ancodia said...

I would, but I can't. I can barely care properly for three cats, plus that would put me over the Glenn Beck Limit for sanity. :-) He says anyone who has more than three cats is insane and a threat to National Security. ;-) And I think if I bring one more cat home Romeo is going to start placing ads in the newspapaer for a new home for himself. He's about up to *here* with my shenanigans as it is. :-) Adding ANOTHER interloper would be the straw that broke the Measle's back.

Plus, she might go to a home where she is the only cat, or one of two, and have more love and attention anyway. I could not really do right by her, and would only be babysitting her until she dies, for all intents and purposes. So she deserves better than me, to boot. Or at least a chance at better than me.

Though it *is* tempting.

Scott Johnson said...

I am absolutely dying from the suspense! :)

ancodia said...

No dying allowed. I will take you to the vet, if you need it; get in the cage. ;-)