Saturday, December 24, 2005

O holy Christ, the stores they are a-closing…


Wowwy. It is actually Christmas Eve finally.

I finished my shopping at the last possible second; I had to get up early this morning because of what happened yesterday—Chrissy’s vet was having a lot of holiday boarders in as well as their usual “my cat ate all the tinsel” holiday traffic, and phoned because they needed me to pick up Mr Cat (who was cleared to leave) and…Nice Cat.

Yep, Nice Cat.

Apparently Chrissy has left Nice Cat at the vet’s for all this time because she is so full right now, or forgot, or both. Grr. That is all that I am going to say on the matter. Grr.

This sort of decides what I am going to do for me; I am going to put Mr Cat back where he came from, get Nice Cat tested for FeLV and FIV and assuming he is negative, take nice Cat home, at least for the time being, because Nice Cat is tame, and Mr Cat is not. So I try to phone Chrissy about twenty-seven times, but keep getting her voice mail. I give up, ask the vet to test Nice Cat, and go get Mr Cat, who is really hate-filled by this point in time; I give him a nice meal, and drive the long way back to Eviljob so that he has time to eat it. Then I give him his freedom (which he accepts, happily). The vet says that they will phone me with Nice Cat’s results, so I go to meet Son-Friend and we run shopping errands for a bit, one of which involves stopping at a pet store, where I buy more food for the kittens Son-Friend is holding (since Chrissy could not immediately take them before). Son-Friend asks me if I think it would be a good idea to bathe the kittens. Stupid idiot that I am, I do not say no, I only suggest that he use bath wipes or something, not a full-out bath.

Butsoanyway.

So I get home, and Chrissy phones…*finally*. She said to take Nice Cat to another rescue person who will be at the PetsMart near me today, with whom she has a working relationship, but she asks me to get him there early, before this other rescue lady gets swamped (potentially) with people giving up their pets. Then the vet’s office phones and says Nice Cat has tested negative, so I go get him, borrow a carrier from them because I wasn’t thinking and forgot to bring one, and set Nice Cat up in my master bathroom with food, water, and litter box.

Then I get up this morning to be there the moment PetsMart opens, just in case. If anyone is going to be left out, it is usually me—so I plan ahead. I drop Nice Cat off, give RescueWoman all of his paper work, and donate $100 worth of stuff, most of it for Nice Cat; a large cat carrier, litter, a few litter pans, and a few food/water bowls. Not all of it was for Nice Cat, but I needed to give her *something*, and I already had to buy a carrier ‘cos the one I had Nice Cat in, I had to return to the vet since it was a loaner.

Then I said a very long good bye to Nice Cat, and he liked that. :-) I wished him Merry Christmas and good luck. I think he will be just fine.

Then ‘Pants phoned to say that she was in town. Fuck a duck. She *had* already told me that she was coming back over break. I told her that meeting was fairly out of the question, which she was happy to hear, ‘cos she wanted to spend time with her brother who lives here. Wonderful. So I ask her if we could meet for five minutes to exchange presents in a couple of hours, and she said that was awesome, since she’d just awakened.

It’s the gloating that I just cannot handle. ;-)

That transcends awesome as far as I am concerned, ‘cos I’d not yet bought her present; I thought I had another week, at least. So I run over to yet another mall, and grab a Borghese set for her, and some other last-second things (especially since I had forgotten to get a “personal” gift for my Sister-in-Law, which just proves how horrid it must be to be related to me. So I got all of that, raced (by then I was running late) back to meet ‘Pants, traded presents and wished her a Happy Ex-Miss and Merry Harmonica or whatever, and then drove across town (again!) to meet Meg at a *different* mall so that I could give my opinion on some other things that are going to be gifts from the two of us (I tried to get her to tell me over the phone, but I gave up). Once that was done, we had lunch out there, and I came home to wrap all of this crap and take it wherever it needed to be taken, for the most part. Whee.

Then, after I get back home and the plan is to vegetate and maybe fall asleep on my couch and drool, Meg comes back over because somehow I have been drafted into wrapping half of the “us” stuff, and she wants to watch Christmas Poker on my new TV as we wrap.

Yay. Christmas Poker.


I am ending part one here, since I just get downright nasty in part two.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: